MSI PRO MP161 Series Portable Monitor Review
Peter Donnell / 7 months ago
MSI already make many of my favourite gaming and office monitors, but today, we’re taking a look at something just a little bit different. The MSI PRO MP161 Series Portable Monitor is designed to be pretty versatile, allowing you to add a secondary or rapidly deployable mobile screen with ease. You can hook up your phone, console, laptop, PC and so much more to this thing, so it’s handy at home, in the office, in presentations, in retail environments, and much beyond.
MSI Modern MD272QP
It’s quite compact at 15.6″, but given it’s designed to be highly portable, that’s hardly a surprise. It should fit in a fairly standard laptop bag or slipcover and is small enough to carry in one hand or under your arm. However, it does pack an IPS panel with a 1920 x 1080 FHD resolution, which can output 60 Hz with Adaptive Sync Support. It’s a 4ms panel, so eSports on the go? Not really, but for watching media, showing documents, browsing the web and casual gaming? It’s more than enough to get the job done. Plus, it has some sweet ergonomics and connectivity tricks, but we’ll get to all that in a moment.
- 15.6” FHD IPS Panel – Enhance your viewing experience.
- Portable Design helps bring it anywhere you want without strain or pressure with a protection bag.
- Ultra slim profile with a 1.08 cm (0.4”) only thickness, and extremely light weighing in only at 0.75 kg (1.65 lbs).
- MSI EyesErgo technology with Anti-flicker, Less Blue Light, and Anti-glare panel to protect your eyes.
- Type-C/mini HDMI™ Multi Input – allowing you to connect to any device effortlessly, such as a smartphone, camera, laptop, or PC.
- Ergonomically designed fold-out kickstand with a 0° ~ 180° design enables you to orient the screen in both portrait and landscape modes.
- Ergonomic software, Display Kit, provides the most convenient tool, the proper color & display mode to you while working with it every day.
- Built-in Speakers – Allow you a great audio experience while on the move.