MSI Reveal GS70 Gaming Series Notebook
Ryan Martin / 6 years ago
MSI have just announced a new 17 inch gaming notebook. The MSI GS70 is a 2.65kg notebook with a full HD 17.3 inch HD display. MSI have equipped the usual trademark SteelSeries keyboard with fully programmable backlights and have opted for a 2.1 channel speaker system.
MSI’s Matrix Display is also activated allowing users to run multiple screens for gaming when your gaming notebook is at a desk, other MSI exclusives such as Super RAID, for the SSDs, are also equipped. The outer case is an ultra-thin magnesium alloy giving the notebook a different look and feel to many other gaming notebooks.
In terms of hardware the device packs a Haswell Core i7 mobile processor, an Nvidia GTX 765M, Killer Doubleshot LAN/WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, up to 16GB of RAM, a pair of SSDs, a 2.5 inch hard drive and a six cell 60 W/h Lithium Ion battery.
- Operating System: Windows 8
- LED Backlight Display: 17.3″, Anti-glare display
- Processor: 4th Generation Intel Core i7 Processor
- Memory Type: 2 DIMM DDR3-1600 up to 16GB
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 765M / GDDR5 2GB
- Storage Capacity: 2 SSD with Super RAID+ 2.5″ HDD
- Keyboard: Keyboard by SteelSeries, full color backlit
- USB 3.0: 4
- Card Reader: SD(XC/HC) / MMC
- Video output: Mini DisplayPort 1.2 x2, HDMI 1.4 x1
- Mic-in/Headphone out/ Line in: 1/1
- Audio: Audio Boost /Sound Blaster Cinema
- LAN/WiFi: Killer Doubleshot LAN/WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
- Speaker: Premium 2.1 channel speakers
- Webcam: HD type ([email protected])
- Battery: 6-Cell 60W/h Li-Ion embedded
- Dimension: 418.5 x 287 x 21.8 mm
- Weight: 2.65 kg w/ batter
Images courtesy of MSI