MSI Unveils Gaming Monitor with Curved Samsung Panel
Ashley Allen / 4 years ago
MSI is making its first foray into the gaming monitor market, unveiling a new 27-inch, 1080p curved display with a 144Hz refresh rate and an 8ms response time. The MSI Optix G27C boasts a curved Samsung LED-backlit panel with R1800 curvature, which delivers 110% sRBG through its quantum dot technology.
The Optix G27C also features a 178o vertical and horizontal viewing angle, 300cd/m2 brightness, and HDMI 1.4, DisplayPort 1.2, and DVI inputs. The display comes with MSI’s Gaming Center software, which is optimised for gaming and offers seven different display modes, and FPS front sight, which aids targeting in first-person shooters, while the image is complimented by low blue light and anti-flicker technologies.
- Display size: 27″ Diagonal White LED-Backlight
- Curvature: 1800R
- Refresh Rate: 144 Hz
- Viewing Angle: 178° (H) / 178° (V)
- Brightness (Typical): 300 cd / m2
- NTSC / sRBG: 85 % / 110%
- Contrast (Typical): 3000 : 1
- Pixel Pitch (H x V): 0.36375 x 0.36375
- Resolution (H x V): 1920 x 1080
- Aspect Ratio: 16 : 9
- Response Time (Typical): 8ms
- Max. display frequency: GTG 4ms
- (Resolution H x V / Fv): 1920 x 1080 / 144 Hz
- I/O: 1 x HDMI1.4, 1 x DP1.2, 1 x DVI
While official pricing for the MSI Optix G27C has not been revealed, the monitor is currently listed on Newegg for $349.99. Newegg is currently offering a $50 rebate card discount on the monitor.