MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC at Computex 2017
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
The next-generation of Intel CPUs is almost here. Of course, that upcoming release also means that there’s a new generation of motherboards to get excited about too! MSI is eager to show off one of their flagship motherboards here at Computex 2017, the MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC.
Intel Core X
The new motherboard comes with support for the latest Intel Core X-Series of CPUs, and this means it features the flagship X299 chipset, offering support for all the latest features, hardware and more.
- Supports New Intel® Core™ X-series Processor Family for LGA 2066 socket
- Supports DDR4-4266+(OC) Memory
- MYSTIC LIGHT: 16.8 million colors / 17 effects controlled in one click with MYSTIC LIGHT APP or mobile devices.
- 3D Printing Support: exchangeable cover and 3D X-MOUNTING screws.
- Designed for Extreme Performance: TURBO SOCKET with GAME BOOST, DIGITALL POWER Design
- Lightning Fast Game experience: TWIN TURBO M.2 with M.2 Shield and Intel Optane Memory Ready, Turbo U.2, LIGHTNING USB 3.1 GEN2
- VR READY and VR BOOST: Best virtual reality game experience without latency, reduces motion sickness. Supports Nahimic VR & TriDef VR.
- AUDIO BOOST 4 with NAHIMIC 2+: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- DDR4 BOOST with STEEL ARMOR: Give your DDR4 memory a performance boost
- GAMING LAN and Wireless support, powered by Intel®: The best online gaming experience with lowest latency and bandwidth management.
- MULTI-GPU: With STEEL ARMOR PCI-E slots. Supports 3-Way NVIDIA SLI™ & AMD Crossfire™
- SYSTEM SAVER: 3 easy to use options to successfully boot your system again.
- In-Game Weapons: GAME BOOST, GAMING HOTKEY, X-BOOST, XSPLIT GAMECASTER, APP MANAGER
- GAMING CERTIFIED: 24-hour on- and offline game and motherboard testing by eSports players
- Click BIOS 5: Award-winning BIOS with high resolution scalable font, favorites and search function
- WHQL certified for Windows 10
Price and Release Date
Unfortunately, we do not have the pricing information, although it’s obviously not going to be cheap, this is an extremely high-end board. However, I would expect it to be comparable to other higher end board launches of recent years. Unfortunately, due to NDA we can’t tell you the actual release date, but you know it’s not going to be very long now.