Netgear Introduces new Smart Managed PoE+ Switches
Bohs Hansen / 4 years ago
NETGEAR introduced three new ProSAFE Smart Managed Switches to support dense deployment of modern, high-power devices requiring Power-Over-Ethernet and PoE+. The new standalone switches are designed with varying PoE port counts and PoE power budgets to meet most needs.
The three new NETGEAR Smart Managed Switches offer PoE+ functionality along with Layer 2+ and Layer 3 Lite features, specially designed for converged networks where voice, video, and data are carried on a single network platform. The three new systems are the ProSAFE Easy-Mount 16-Port 240W PoE+, the ProSAFE 8-Port 190W PoE+, and the ProSAFE 8-Port 75W PoE+.
The GS418TPP Easy-Mount 16-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Switch (Pictured above) comes with 16 PoE+ copper ports and 2 dedicated Gigabit SFP fibre ports. With a 240W PoE power budget, these switches provide a lot of room for expansion of PoE devices. The slim design, one-direction facing connections, and the NETGEAR Virtually Anywhere mounting system, the switch can be placed pretty much anywhere. Vertical, horizontal, flat, or perpendicular placement, it’s all possible. Whether it’s on a wall, strapped to a pole, under a desk or tabletop, in air passageways, or above drop-down ceilings, the GS418TPP will fit.
The GS510TPP 8-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Switch has 8 PoE+ copper ports and 2 dedicated SFP ports for fibre uplinks. It comes with a 190W power budget that provides more than enough headroom to make the GS510TPP a wise purchase to support denser deployment of PoE+ devices.
The GS510TLP 8-Port Gigabit Smart Managed Switch offers 8 PoE+ copper ports and 2 dedicated SFP ports for fibre uplinks. This one only comes with a reasonable PoE power budget of 75W, but that might be enough for your setup.
All three come with intelligent fan speed control and should deliver a pleasant working environment in comparison with rack mounted switches that usually run with full-speed fan profiles 24/7.
- Layer 3 static routeing with 32 routes (IPv4 and IPv6) for interVLAN local routeing
- Advanced VLAN support for better network segmentation
- Advanced per-port PoE controls for remote power management of PoE connected devices including operation scheduling
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) for maximum power savings
- Configurable L2 network features include VLANs, Rapid Spanning Tree, IGMP Snooping and Querier, IGMP Fast Leave
- Advanced Smart Switching features include IPv4/IPv6 Layer 3 static routeing, DiffServ QoS policies, LACP Link Aggregation, Broadcast control, Denial of service protection
- Lifetime Hardware Warranty includes Lifetime Next Business Day shipping for replacement, and Lifetime Technical Support options.
The new switches are available now worldwide through authorised NETGEAR partners and other reseller channels.
- ProSAFE Easy-Mount 16-Port 240W PoE+ Gigabit Smart Managed Switch with 2 SFP ports and Virtually Anywhere Mounting System (GS418TPP) – $399.99
- ProSAFE 8-Port 190W PoE+ Gigabit Smart Managed Switch with 2 SFP ports (GS510TPP) – $299.99
- ProSAFE 8-Port 75W PoE+ Gigabit Smart Managed Switch with 2 SFP ports (GS510TLP) – $199.99