Netgear Introduces Two New Orbi Tri-Band WiFi Systems
Bohs Hansen / 3 years ago
Netgear is expanding its award-winning Orbi Home Tri-band WiFi System with two new offerings designed specifically for smaller to mid-sized homes.
The two new Orbi Tri-band WiFi Systems are the RBK30 and the RBK40. The RBK30 system includes an AC2200 router and wall-plug satellite designed to cover an area of up to 3,500 square feet. If you need a little more coverage, then the RBK40 system is for you. It includes the AC2200 router and a matching satellite which are designed to cover a property up to 4,000 square feet.
Netgear’s Orbi has the industries first Tri-band architecture with a dedicated 5GHz wireless connection between the router and the satellites. This provides the user with reliable WiFi coverage and maximum internet speed throughout the home while keeping a single network name everywhere. The new Orbi systems all deliver 802.11ac AC2200 WiFi speeds with up to 2.2Gbps throughput.
“Today, WiFi is now considered to be as critical as any other home utility. You would not be willing to settle for sub-par electrical coverage or inadequate plumbing and you should not be expected to contend with a wireless network that does not deliver the coverage and performance you need. With this new expanded portfolio of Orbi Tri-band WiFi systems, we are introducing solutions to provide the best WiFi for an even broader range of households. We believe that no one should be without the best WiFi experience available,” said David Henry, senior vice president of home networking devices for NETGEAR. “With our patented industry-first Tri-band WiFi provided by the Orbi WiFi systems, you can now enjoy optimum WiFi performance even at the furthest edge of your property. So, go ahead and binge-watch the latest streaming series in the basement TV room while the kids are enjoying rapid-fire online gaming from their room upstairs.”
Technical Features of the New Orbi Home WiFi System:
- Innovative Tri-Band WiFi system providing combined WiFi speeds up to AC2200 on the Orbi Router and Satellite creates a dedicated wireless connection between the Orbi router and the satellite or satellites, similar to a wired Ethernet connection
- Simultaneous 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi on the router and satellite for connecting to your home devices all under one WiFi name
- Easy setup with a single and secure WiFi network; Orbi comes pre-paired and configured and works with your internet service provider (ISP) right out of the box
- Advanced WiFi security with automated updates, WPS-protected setup, 64/128 bit WEP; WPA/WPA-2 PSK, WPA/WPA-2 Enterprise
- Auto-updates of firmware available to ensure you have the latest security and software updates
- Satellites extend WiFi signals and maintain one network name (SSID) for the entire network (2.4 GHz and 5GHz WiFi bands) throughout your home for seamless connectivity and roaming
- Guest WiFi network—easily set up separate and secure Internet access for guests
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports on the Orbi router and on the satellite (wall-plug satellite does not include Ethernet)
- Support for advanced router features such as IPv6, dynamic DNS, port forwarding, parental controls, Virtual Private Network (VPN) termination and access point mode
- Easy installation using the browser or Orbi Mobile App for iOS and Android™
Netgear’s Orbi Home WiFi Systems are now available worldwide. As for the price, that depends on the kit you select:
- RBK30 – One Orbi AC2200 router and one wall plug satellite – MSRP $299.99 USD
- RBK40 – One Orbi AC2200 router and one matching satellite – MSRP $349.99 USD
- RBK50 – The original Orbi AC3000 router with matching satellite – MSRP $399.99 USD
- Orbi AC2200 Wall-plug Satellite adds 1,500 square feet of range – MSRP $149.99
- Orbi AC2200 Satellite to add 2,000 square feet of range – MSRP $199.99
- The original Orbi AC3000 Satellite to add 2,500 square feet of range – MSRP $249.99