NETGEAR Launches ProSAFE 4×4 Wave 2 Wireless-AC Access Point
Bohs Hansen / 3 years ago
Netgear added another access point to their broad portfolio of networking products, the new Netgear ProSAFE Premium 802.11ac 4×4 Wave 2 Wireless Access Point (WAC740) featuring 802.11ac Wave 2 with MU-MIMO technology and Multi-Gigabit 2.5G Ethernet.
The ProSAFE WAC740 dual-band Access Point (AP) can deliver up to 600 Mbps for the 2.4 GHz band and up to 1.7 Gbps on the 5 GHz band. If that wasn’t impressive enough, it also features a 2.5 Gbps-capable RJ45 port Auto Uplink (Auto MDI-X) port with IEEE 802.3af or 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE) support and one 1 Gbps port with Auto Uplink (Auto MDI-X). There’s also an RJ45 console port and optional DC power input should you not use PoE.
“Our customers are looking for ultra-robust, reliable wireless solutions that leverage the improved performance enabled by the latest 802.11ac WiFi technology, and which make it easy for them to add more users to their networks quickly and in denser deployment scenarios,” said Richard Jonker, vice president of product line management for SMB products at NETGEAR. “Resellers and systems integrators who are searching for cost-effective solutions for their business customers will especially appreciate the overall value offered by our ProSAFE WAC740 Wave 2 WiFi Access Point in terms of performance, scalability, reliability, easy management, and warranty coverage.”
With a solution that integrates better-than-Gigabit Ethernet, Netgear eliminates the bottleneck that otherwise could be created between the 1700 Mbps wireless abilities and ordinary 1 Gbps LAN. Naturally, this function requires a switch connection that is capable of the same such as the Netgear ProSAFE M4200 Multi-Gigabit Managed Switch.
Central management is easy for even the largest companies as up to 600 WAC740 Access Points can be easily configured and centrally managed through a single management dashboard with any of a selection of NETGEAR wireless controllers.
- Premium business-class access point with superior 802.11ac performance (up to 2.3 Gbps)
- Reliable wireless coverage with 4 streams of data based on 4×4 (transmit and receive) optimized internal antennas
- Multi-User MU-MIMO technology enabling maximum client density deployments
- Easy centralized management for multiple access points via NETGEAR Wireless Controllers (WC7500, WC7600, WC9500)
- Powered by industry standard 802.3at (PoE+) or DC power inputs
- Multi-Gigabit connectivity (2.5Gbps) allows a single wired connection to a Multi-Gigabit switch for ease of installation
- Internal or external antennas option for flexible deployment
- NETGEAR ProSAFE lifetime hardware warranty, lifetime next business day shipping for part replacement, and lifetime technical support via online chat where available
The Netgear Premium Business 802.11ac 4×4 Wave 2 Wireless-AC Access Point (WAC740) comes with an MSRP of $929 USD and it will become generally available this month.