NETGEAR Launches XS712Tv2 10GbE Smart Managed Switch
Bohs Hansen / 5 months ago
NETGEAR introduces a new addition to their 2nd generation Smart Managed Switches, the XS712Tv2. The new 12-Port 10-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch is aimed at the SMB segment (Small to Medium-sized Businesses) as a cost effective 10GbE solution. The XS712Tv2 joins the NETGEAR Standalone Smart Managed Pro family. It is purposely built for converged networks where voice, video, data are all carried on a single network platform.
NETGEAR offers a variety of switches with 10GbE which go from small 8 port switches to 48 ports. The new 12-port switch lands in the middle which makes it perfect for smaller offices. There, the switch can act as the centre of a small network or as an aggregation switch in a larger environment.
“The 12-port Switch launching today is an ideal switch for smaller workgroups that need high bandwidth for sharing, collaborating, editing, and publishing high-density content like 4K video or animation.”
XS712Tv2 Smart Managed Pro Switch
The new XS712Tv2 Smart Managed Pro Switch provides cost-effective 10GBASE-T connectivity, IPv6 management, and comprehensive L2+/Layer 3 Lite features to address bandwidth bottlenecks. Businesses can meet current and future needs for virtualisation, converged networking, cloud access and mobility. It offers the web browser-based management interface of other NETGEAR switches for easy network configuration. It also has the same green Ethernet features for maximum power savings.
“We offer the broadest selection of smart managed switches in the industry, and this new 12-port model further expands the options available to SMB network managers so they can easily install the most cost-effective solution for their needs, with headroom to grow,” said Richard Jonker, vice president of product line management for SMB products at NETGEAR.
Key features include:
- 12 x 10-Gigabit Copper 10GBASE-T ports with 2 shared (combo) 10-Gigabit Fiber SFP+ ports
- Non-blocking 240Gbps fabric for full duplex 12x10Gbps connectivity without congestion across all ports
- Layer 3 static routing with 32 routes (IPv4 and IPv6) for inter-VLAN local routing
- Configurable L2 network features such as VLANs, Rapid Spanning Tree, IGMP Snooping and Querier, IGMP Fast Leave
- Advanced Smart Switching features such as IPv4/IPv6 Layer 3 static routing. DiffServ QoS policies, LACP Link Aggregation, Broadcast control, Denial of service protection
- Advanced VLAN support for better network segmentation
- Rate limiting and priority queuing for better bandwidth allocation
- ProSAFE Lifetime Hardware Warranty with Lifetime Next Business Day shipping for replacement and Lifetime Technical Support options
Pricing and Availability
The NETGEAR 12-Port 10-Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch (XS712Tv2) is available now. The MSRP is $1,099.99 USD.