New Fractal Design Node 804 Chassis At CeBIT 2014
Peter Donnell / 4 years ago
Here we are at the Fractal Design booth at CeBIT 2014 to check out their latest entry to the popular node series. Taking hints from their popular Node 304 chassis the new Node 804 looks set to make everything bigger and better than ever before. Featuring a dual compartment design (like that of the Corsair Air 540) you can expect to pack this new chassis full of high end components without the need for a much bigger full-tower chassis.
The overall design is what we have come to know and love about Fractal Design, it’s exterior design is sleek and bold, with build quality that feels strong enough to with stand more than a few serious knocks and bumps. With a focus on cooling performance and maximum configurability this is already shaping up to be one of the best cases on the market and the best new is that it actually launched this week! So expect to see it showing up at retailers very quickly and selling out just as quick.
“The dual chamber layout separates hot running components from the cooler ones and allows for unrestricted airflow over the motherboard, processor and graphics card.” Said Fractal Design.
Fitted with three high quality 120mm fans as standard, with room for up to ten in total should you need them. A Flexible modular internal design to allow for water cooling configurations with up to four radiators simultaneously or tall heat sinks, and a unique hard drive mounting system allows for the fitting of up to 8 x 3.5″, 4 x 2.5” or up to 10 x 3.5”, 2 x 2.5″ drives HDD/SSD! With that much storage you could even use this as a small server or NAS box.
Every intake features a washable dust filter, the side panel features a windowed section and the front is finished in high quality brushed aluminium. A built in fan controller, slim ODD drive bay and room for up to 5 expansion cards mean that the Node 804 ticks a LOT of boxes that will no doubt prove popular with system builders.
- Micro ATX and Mini ITX motherboard compatibility
- 8 – 3.5″ HDD positions
- 2 – 2.5″ dedicated SSD unit positions
- 2 – Extra positions for either 3,5″ or 2,5″ drives
- 5 expansion slots
- 10 – Fan positions (3 x 120mm Silent Series R2 fans included)
- Filtered fan slots in front, top and bottom
- CPU coolers up to 160 mm in height
- PSU compatibility: ATX PSUs up to 260 mm deep
- Graphics card compatibility: Graphics cards up to 320mm in length. Graphics cards up to 290 mm in length may be installed if a fan is installed in the lower position in the front.
- Velcro strap for easy cable management
- Clear Window side panel included
- Colors available: Black
- Case dimensions (WxHxD): 344 x 307 x 389 mm
- Net weight: 6 kg
- Front: 4 – 120mm fans (included is one hydraulic bearing 120mm Silent Series R2 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
- Rear: 1 – 120/140mm fan (included is a hydraulic bearing 120mm Silent Series R2 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
- Rear: 1 – 120mm fan slots (included is 1 hydraulic bearing 120mm Silent Series R2 fan, 1000 RPM speed)
- Top: 4 – 120x140mm fans (not included)
- Fan controller: 1 – Integrated fan controller for up to 3 fans (included)
Water cooling compatibility
- Front (right chamber) – 240 mm radiator configurations up to 60 mm thick (with fans) and 278 mm tall are allowed.
- Front (left chamber) – 240 mm radiator configurations up to 60 mm thick (with fans) and 278 mm tall are allowed. Using a radiator in this position prevents the use of a fan in the top position just next to it.
- Top (right chamber) – 240/280 mm radiators up to 130mm hick (with fans) may be fitted if the HDD drive bays are taken out or placed elsewhere. No limitation to thickness.
- Top (left chamber) – 240 mm radiator configurations up to 130 mm thick (with fans) will fit. Radiators in this position limits the height of memory modules to 48 mm tall.
- Maximum radiator configuration: 1x240mm,1x280mm and 2x120mm radiators simultaneously.
We really can’t wait to get our hands on this chassis, not only because it looks fantastic from the exterior, but the component compatibility means this could be one of the most versatile chassis in its class.
We’ve got plenty more coverage from CeBIT 2014 to come, check back shortly for even more great new products.