New retro-style battle game, 16 Bit Arena
Peter Donnell / 4 years ago
A new old-school style game is coming to Amazon and other stores, already being sold in a couple small online shops early; it’s also up as a submission for release on Steam.
San Bruno, CA – March 08, 2013 – A new game entitled 16 Bit Arena is on pre-order as of March 8 on Amazon.com, with the full release on coming March 26. In addition, it will be sold then on Desura.com and Greenmangaming.com, and is now in Steam’s Greenlight community approval process. The game is already being sold early at a couple other locations, IndieVania.com and IndieCity.com (although the game servers will only become fully available on the actual release date of on March 26).
- Fight in turn-based multiplayer battles up to 9v9 with the old school graphics you’ve been missing
- Enter battle as a Warrior, Mage, Rogue, or Healer of either gender, and use a card to transform into any of 16 characters, combining their stats and abilties with your class’s
- Elemental properties for every character; collect gems that let you choose yours, and cast its magic
- Gain Charge during battle to do more damage, boost specific stats, and more- or just save your turns for later and pummel an enemy all at once
- A rockingly awesome soundtrack
- Journey through eight intense Trials to gain cards and gems for use in the Arena
- Enjoy the 2-player tactical-RPG-style Card Game- a great additional game on its own, it lets you earn cards and gems too
- Site includes a webcomic, updated weekly, featuring the eight Paladins from the game
With features like strategizing in large battles to the tune of real guitar accompanying retro graphics, this promises to be a very unique and anticipated game. The game’s trailer, store listing, how-to-play info and screenshots may be seen at the 16bitarena.com website, its certainly something a little different and I look forward to trying out this game shortly.