Nintendo NX Rumour Roundup Suggests Poor Battery Life
Ashley Allen / 3 years ago
As we approach the final quarter of 2016, we still don’t have any concrete news on the Nintendo NX console, which is expected to be released in March 2017. In lieu of any official information, Nintendo insider Emily Rogers has posted a roundup of NX-related hearsay.
Rogers has collated all of the industry rumours she has heard regarding the forthcoming console –which includes size, screen resolution, and internal storage – into one handy blog post. According to the article, the NX will have region-free games, 32GB internal storage, and USB 3.0 support, but will have a noisy cooling fan, no built-in camera or microphone, and poor battery life.
Disclaimer: Everything in this blog post is rumor until proven otherwise. Please take everything with a grain of salt.
Here is what you can expect from the final retail product:
- Custom Nvidia GPU chip
- Region Free (No region lock) <– Confirmed this.
- Six inch (6.2 inch?) multi-touch screen (Heard nothing about a stylus)
- The touchscreen has 720p resolution. <— 100% Confirmed.
- 32GB of built-in internal storage
- SD card support
- Supports USB 2.0 and 3.0
- The dock has two 2.0 usb ports and one 3.0 usb port.
- The device is around 14 – 15 mm in thickness.
- The right analogue stick will be below the face buttons.
- Camera and microphone are not built into the NX portable device.
- Cooling is still a little noisy
- Detachable controllers (motion controls and next-gen vibration technology) <– Everything Laura Kate Dale said in her articlewas correct.
- Share / Social button that Laura Kate Dale posted is true.
- There are at least two shoulder buttons. I haven’t heard anything yet about triggers.
- Battery Life — Ehhh not great. I haven’t heard an exact number of hours, but it doesn’t sound great.
- Below PS4 and XB1 in raw power.
- Supports Unreal Engine 4 and Unity Engine.
Note: I am not saying that NX won’t have a mic or camera. I am saying that the camera and mic aren’t built inside of the NX portable device.
Release of the NX is about six months away, and we are still scrabbling away for rumours in the absence of any official information. Nice information vacuum, Nintendo.