Nintendo Officially Launches its New Switch OLED Console
Mike Sanders / 2 months ago
There have been rumours for more than a year now that, sooner or later, Nintendo was going to announce the launch of a newly revised Switch console. – Well, while it certainly took a while, following an official announcement from the gaming giant, that revision is now here with Nintendo confirming that the Switch OLED will hit retailers in October this year!
Nintendo Switch OLED Revision
While the Nintendo Switch OLED certainly comes with some nice new inclusions, the main key surprise (against a lot of rumour and speculation) is that it will not be a 4K capable system. Nvidia DLSS has, therefore, seemingly not been able to make the party for this launch. In terms of what you do get, however, there is certainly some nice quality of life improvements seen on the original model.
The most notable of these include a new 7-in OLED panel, a wired LAN port, a new and improved stand, and 64GB of internal storage (double that seen in the original model). The only minor trade-off for this upgraded version is that the newly revised Switch is just ever so slightly heavier than the original design. Albeit, nothing to have a song or dance about (circa 22 grams).
- 7-inch OLED screen
- Feast your eyes on vivid colors and crisp contrast when you play on-the-go. – See the difference the vibrant screen makes, whether you’re racing at top speed or squaring off against enemies.
- Wide, adjustable stand
- Flip out the sturdy stand for easy viewing in Tabletop mode.
- Find your best angle
- Adjust the stand to find the optimal viewing angle—perfect for a quick multiplayer game with a buddy.
- Built-in wired LAN port
- Connect online** using the dock’s LAN port when playing in TV mode.
- 64 GB internal storage
- Save games to your system with 64 GB of internal storage.
- Enhanced audio
- Enjoy enhanced audio from the system’s onboard speakers.
Price & Availability
Nintendo has confirmed that the Switch OLED will be released on October 8th with an expected MSRP of around $349.99. – If you do, therefore, want to learn more about this newly revised console, you can check out the official Nintendo product website via the link here!
What do you think? – Let us know in the comments!