No Man’s Sky Sentinel 3.84 Update Detailed
Peter Donnell / 11 months ago
Hello Games has released yet another update for No Man’s Sky! I’ve long said I’ll start playing this game when they stop making it, but alas, they just don’t seem to be able to stop. That being said, No Man’s Sky has transformed from a pretty basic space exploration sim into one of the most ambitious space sim games ever created. According to its release notes, the Sentinel 3.84 Update fixes a wealth of issues with the game, as well as address a few crashing issues.
Some issues with input, as well as rendering crashes have been resolved. Also, the annoying bug that turned screenshots black when DLAA was enabled has been resolved. OF course, to get the update, just launch the client in Steam and it’ll automatically update itself.
Then just take a deep breath, wait a few days, another huge update will likely be released.
No Man’s Sky Sentinel 3.84 Update Release Notes
Bug fixes #1
- Added an option to the Quick Menu to toggle the Minotaur AI Pilot.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the reconstructed drone to block the spawning of patrol drones.
- Fixed an issue that caused Freighter bases to be broken after being reset.
- Also fixed an issue that could cause the Minotaur to become distorted when fighting biological horrors.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Sentinels from spawning around buildings.
- Fixed an issue that caused Plasma Grenades to recharge infinitely.
- Also fixed an issue that caused Exocraft weapon upgrades to decrease the fire rate of the main cannon.
- Fixed an issue that caused the base teleport module to appear as a buildable product in the inventory.
- Fixed a rare issue that could prevent some buildings from spawning.
- Also fixed an issue that caused pet Quads to explode when shutting down hostile Sentinels.
- Fixed an issue that caused the pet Quads redeemed from the Quicksilver Companion Robot to be orange instead of blue.
- Fixed an issue that caused blue Quad pets to fail to speak with their correct voice.
- Also fixed an issue that briefly caused the word STEEL to appear when hatching a companion egg.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause players to die unexpectedly during warp or when getting in their ship.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the friendly drone from navigating correctly while the player was riding a creature.
- Also fixed a rare issue that could prevent the recovery from working correctly after a player deletes their Sentinel Flare.
Bug fixes #2
- Added a message to the save select screen to alert players when a new Expedition begins.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Expedition to use the wrong number in some text instances.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent expedition data from being correctly downloaded.
- Also fixed an issue that prevented the Exobiology reward decals and posters from functioning correctly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented an Exobiology expedition reward from teaching the correct number of words.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause the galaxy map to direct players to a system their settlement was not actually in.
- Also fixed a rare issue where some Space Anomaly NPCs could be missing, which would block progress in A Trace of Metal.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Trace of Metal mission from continuing correctly after being reset.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a blocker on Nexus repair missions.
- Also fixed an issue that locked the player in place while receiving rewards from a frigate expedition.
- Fixed a rare issue in the Trace of Metal mission where players would be asked to build Minotaur parts they did not own.
- Fixed an issue that could cause mission related settlement decisions to be lost when switching settlements during the mission.
Bug fixes #3
- Fixed a visual glitch when riding creatures.
- Fixed issue where character’s head would become visible for a frame when activating camouflage.
- Also fixed an issue that caused screenshots to be black with DLAA enabled.
- Fixed a number of visual glitches when getting up from a chair.
- Fixed a hang that could occur when spawning creatures.
- Also fixed a crash related to input.
- Fixed a crash related to rendering.
- Fixed a crash related to wind.
- Also fixed a rare softlock related to creature spawning near settlements.
- Fixed a rare crashed related to trading.
- Fixed a rare crash related to frigate expeditions.
- Also fixed a crash related to interacting with mineral and gas extractors.
- Fixed a physics related crash.