Nvidia 466.27 Driver Reintroduces 3060 Hash Rate Reduction
Mike Sanders / 1 year ago
Nvidia has announced the release of its latest GeForce Game Ready 466.27 WHQL graphics card drivers. If you plan to try out the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition (releasing on May 6th), then grabbing it would undoubtedly be a wise move. The system requires are so obscenely high that you can’t deny the logic of trying out anything that might make the experience a little more pleasurable (or liveable). However, in something of an interesting twist, likely ahead of the May refresh, Nvidia has also confirmed in these drivers the reintroduction of the hash rate limiter for its 3060 GPUs.
NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 466.27 WHQL
As part of the release notes, Nvidia has confirmed the following game ready optimizations, changes, and overall fixes:
“This new Game Ready Driver provides support for the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition, which adds additional ray-traced effects and NVIDIA DLSS 2.0 for greater performance and improved image quality. Additionally, this release also provides optimal support for Mass Effect Legendary Edition and Resident Evil Village, along with support for 5 new G-SYNC Compatible displays.”
New Features and Other Changes
- Added support for DirectX 12 Agility SDK.
- This driver updates the hash limiter for the GeForce RTX 3060 12GB and is required for product shipped starting mid-May.
- [NVIDIA Reflex][Rainbow Six Siege]: Fixed a number of performance-related issues related to
- NVIDIA Reflex and Rainbow Six Siege.
- [HDMI 2.1:] In-game FPS may be capped to the display refresh rate when “Vertical sync” is set to Off .
- [Rigid Gems][Prepar3D]: The applications may crash or fail to launch.[3285067/3286874]
Where Can I Get This Update?
So, presuming you’re going to make this update (which, if you intend to play the upcoming Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition, certainly sounds like a good idea), you may need some help in how to do that. Well, if you already have the Nvidia GeForce Experience app installed on your PC, a quick check of it should prompt you to update to these latest drivers. – Failing which, you can manually download them (as well as learn more information) via the link here!
What do you think? How often do you update your graphics card drivers? – Let us know in the comments!