Nvidia Confirms Gamescom 2021 Announcements!
Mike Sanders / 3 months ago
With GamesCom 2021 upon us, there is already a lot of rumour and speculation that the event will be used to announce or showcase many big things upcoming in the gaming world. This potentially even includes the formal announcement of the Resident Evil 4 remake. In giving us a taste of what we can expect, however, Nvidia has formally confirmed all of the major announcements and gaming optimisations set to be released in the very near future!
Nvidia GamesCom 2021 Announcements
Based on the news, it seems that Nvidia will be very busy at GamesCon 2021 with a lot of new announcements set to be made. In case you can’t be bothered to scour through all the material, however, we have broken down all of the key announcements below (NB. These are direct quotes from Nvidia):
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Launching with NVIDIA DLSS and Ray Tracing
NVIDIA announced that when Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy launches on October 26, the PC version will launch with ray-traced reflections and NVIDIA DLSS, giving GeForce RTX gamers the definitive PC experience.
“Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy combines original storytelling and electrifying single-player gameplay with an edgy aesthetic. With the addition of ray tracing and NVIDIA DLSS, PC players will enjoy this stunning universe’s visuals with even higher performance.” – Olivier Proulx, Senior Producer, Eidos-Montréal
Dying Light 2 Stay Human Gets NVIDIA DLSS and Ray Tracing
Dying Light 2 Stay Human is coming in December and will include NVIDIA DLSS, as well as ray traced reflections, global illumination, and shadows.
“Our partnership with NVIDIA has helped us create an immersive, visceral experience for Dying Light 2 players. Ray tracing enhances the realism of our unforgiving, infected world while NVIDIA DLSS provides a massive performance boost without sacrificing image quality, so you’ll never miss a beat traversing the landscape.” – Tomasz Szałkowski, Rendering Director, Techland
Battlefield 2042 Bundled With GeForce RTX Desktops and Laptops
In June it was announced that NVIDIA was the official graphics partner for Battlefield 2042, and the game would support NVIDIA DLSS and NVIDIA Reflex. Battlefield 2042 is loaded with GeForce RTX technologies, ensuring a brilliant Battlefield 2042 experience for GeForce RTX gamers. At Gamescom it was revealed that Battlefield 2042 will be bundledwith select GeForce RTX desktops and laptops for a limited time. For all the details, head on over to our bundle announcement article. Learn more in this trailer or visit our website.
“With NVIDIA’s game-changing suite of technologies, we’re able to make Battlefield 2042 the most technologically advanced Battlefield ever. NVIDIA DLSS and NVIDIA Reflex provide maximum performance, image quality, and the lowest latency for the ultimate competitive experience. We’re really excited to be partnering with NVIDIA as our official PC Graphics Platform Partner, to help showcase iconic all-out warfare, unprecedented scale, and dynamically-changing battlegrounds.” – Seth Christie, Head of Technology for EA Studios Europe
Escape from Tarkov and Rust Get Reflex Optimizations, Now Even More Responsive!
NVIDIA just released an update to NVIDIA Reflex that includes optimizations for Unity Engine-based games and enhancements to Boost Mode. The first two games to get updated are Rust and Escape From Tarkov, two extremely popular multiplayer titles built with the Unity engine. Escape from Tarkov saw latency reduced from 38% to 58%, while Rust went from 38% to 51%.
More Gamescom 2021 Gaming News from NVIDIA
Other exciting announcements at Gamescom 2021 include:
- Myst launches August 26th with NVIDIA DLSS and ray traced reflections. Enabling NVIDIA DLSS can more than double performance in Myst.
- Myst also integrates DLSS into its VR mode, making it possible to play the classic puzzle game at a stunning 4864 x 2448 resolution while maintaining 90 fps for a smooth and immersive experience.
- GRIT is a new battle royale based in the wild west that launches September 1 into Early Access with NVIDIA DLSS. DLSS will boost performance by up to 60% at 4K in GRIT. See it in action in a new DLSS comparison video.
- SYNCED: Off Planet will launch with NVIDIA DLSS and ray traced reflections and shadows. NVIDIA DLSS will boost performance without sacrificing image quality. With ray tracing and NVIDIA DLSS in the mix, GeForce RTX gamers will have a SYNCED: Off Planet experience that is second to none! See all the tech in the new gameplay trailer.
- Bright Memory: Infinite launches late 2021 with NVIDIA DLSS and ray traced reflections, shadows, caustics, and RTX Global Illumination. See all the tech in the new gameplay trailer.
- Loopmancer will be launching with NVIDIA DLSS and ray traced reflections, shadows, and global illumination. See the new gameplay trailer.
- Chivalry 2 is getting a DLSS performance boost.
- Faraday Protocol launched with DLSS, boosting performance by up to 75% performance at 4K
- Recently, NVIDIA launched support for NVIDIA DLSS in Proton, enabling Linux gamers to play Vulkan API games with NVIDIA DLSS, including DOOM Eternal, No Man’s Sky, and Wolfenstein: Youngblood. Next month, support extends to dozens of DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 games, including Control, Cyberpunk 2077, Death Stranding, F1 2020, Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries, and Necromunda: Hired Gun.
- Eight new mice have been tested and certified as Reflex-compatible. Plugging a NVIDIA Reflex-compatible mouse into a monitor with NVIDIA Reflex Latency Analyzer technology yields click-to-display system latency measurement
Where Can I Learn More?
For more information on all the latest news and announcements from GamesCom 2021, you can check out their official website via the link here! – Alternatively, if you’d prefer to stick to the Nvidia specific gaming news, you can check out the link here!
What do you think? – Let us know in the comments!