Nvidia release 290.53 beta drivers
Ryan Martin / 7 years ago
Nvidia are ready with some new drivers, the 290.53 beta drivers. These drivers are highly recommended for Skyrim players as Nvidia claims up to 20% better performance in certain scenarios such as indoor gameplay when using a GTX 560 or 560Ti. These new drivers support GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop cards so there is no need to worry about compatibility. Nvidia made all the improvements based on forum feedback, this release was particularly focused on Skyrim given the rather buggy nature of its graphics.
Other changes included:
Optimizations For The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Increases performance by up to 25% in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim vs. 290.36 drivers (measured with GeForce GTX 560 at 19×10 Ultra – Indoor Scene). Results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and in-game location.
- Updates the NVIDIA Control Panel ambient occlusion support for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim to a higher performance profile.
- Added new 3D Vision laser sight /crosshair options to better match Skyrim crosshairs.
Adds the following SLI profiles:
- Afterfall: InSanity
- Trine 2
- WRC 2: FIA World Rally Championship 2011
Added or updated the following 3D Vision game profiles:
- The Adventures Of Tintin: The Game – Rated 3D Vision Ready
- Ignite – Rated Good
- Orcs Must Die! – Rated Good
- PT Boats: Knights Of The Sea – Rated Good
- PT Boats: South Gambit – Rated Good
- Stronghold 3 – Rated Good
- Trine 2 – Rated 3D Vision Ready
Key Bug Fixes
- Fixes some random instances of triangular artifacts when playing Battlefield 3 (fix is now enabled for GeForce 400 and 500 series GPUs).
- Fixes a default panel resolution-timing bug in 290.36.