NVIDIA Releases GeForce 390.77 WHQL Drivers
Ron Perillo / 4 weeks ago
GeForce 390.77 WHQL Released
NVIDIA has released a new set of drivers version 390.77 for their GeForce video cards. This one carries the Windows Hardware Quality Labs testing or (WHQL) certificate. Not that it means 100% bug-free, but it offers greater confidence than beta or other driver versions.
Which Titles are ‘Game Ready’ in This Version?
Driver version 390.77 WHQL brings Game Ready support for Kingdom Come: Deliverance, War Thunder, Black Desert Online, and Metal Gear Survive. Black Desert Online is hosting a free-to-play this weekend, so that is good timing. Kingdom Come: Deliverance is releasing on February 13. Metal Gear Survive won’t come out until February 18 but it is good to be prepared. Not that many are actually clamoring for that title. It is not exactly the same Metal Gear game without Hideo Kojima at Konami.
Are there Any New Games with SLI Support?
Those who have a GTX 1070 or higher will be glad to hear that NVIDIA did not forget about SLI entirely yet. In fact, 390.77 WHQL brings four new SLI game profiles. This includes support for rally racing game DIRT 4, adventure game Hot Lava, Ubisoft’s music exploration game Ode and the aforementioned Metal Gear Survive.
What Other Fixes Does the 390.77 WHQL Update Bring?
Driver Fixes (For full list of fixes please check out release notes)
- [SLI][Dirt 4]: There is corruption and flickering in the game with SLI enabled. 
- [Neverwinter Nights]: Some graphics are missing. 
- [Optimus Notebook]: GeForce Experience may launch with a black screen. 
- [3DMark]: There is a drop in the benchmark performance. 
- [GeForce GTX 1080][G-SYNC]: Performance issues occurred with G-SYNC windowed mode enabled. 
- [GeForce GTX 1070 Ti][NVIDIA Control Panel]: The NVIDIA Control Panel->Output Dynamic Range setting does not persist but switches from Full to Limited after rebooting the system. 
- and others
Important Open Issues (For full list of open issues please check out release notes)
- [NVIDIA TITAN V][G-Sync]: G-Sync displays may go blank when switching between different overclocked memory clocks multiple times. 
- [SLI][GeForce GTX 780 Ti]: There is no display output when connecting the DisplayPort and two DVI monitors. 
- [GeForce TITAN (Kepler-based)]: The OS fails after installing the graphics card on a Threadripper-enabled motherboard. 
- [Pascal GPUs][Gears of War 4]: Blue-screen crash may occur while playing the game. 
- [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][Doom]: The game crashes due to the driver reverting to OpenGL 1.1 when HDR is enabled. 
Where Can I Download The Latest Drivers?
Users can grab them from the GeForce or NVIDIA website by following this link. Simply select which GeForce product you have then the operating system.