iOS 7.0.3 Launched After iPad Air Announcement
Gabriel Roşu / 6 years ago
Apple is once again fixing its new iOS 7 bugs with today’s iOS 7.0.3 update, whether or not you’re ordering that newly announced iPad Air or the high-resolution iPad mini 2 with Retina display. The company didn’t actually mention iOS 7.0.3 during the unveiling of its new, slimmer tablet, but it and all iOS 7 compatible devices can download the 92.8MB update over a WiFi network.
At the top of the iOS 7.0.3 features list is support for iCloud Keychain, which is able to store usernames, passwords and credit card numbers that web users always forget. There’s also a password generator so Safari can suggest unique, hard-to-guess passwords for the unimaginative out there. iCloud Keychain can now be used across multiple Apple devices, including machines running OS X Mavericks, which was announced as a free download today.
The full iOS 7.0.3 release notes are listed below:
- Adds iCloud Keychain to keep track of your account names, passwords, and credit card numbers across all your approved devices
- Adds Password Generator so Safari can suggest unique, hard-to-guess passwords for your online accounts
- Updates lock screen to delay display of “slide to unlock” when Touch ID is in use
- Adds back the ability to search the web and Wikipedia from Spotlight search
- Fixes an issue where iMessage failed to send for some users
- Fixes a bug that could prevent iMessage from activating
- Improves system stability when using iWork apps
- Fixes an accelerometer calibration issue
- Addresses an issue that could cause Siri and VoiceOver to use a lower quality voice
- Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the Lock screen passcode
- Enhances the Reduce Motion setting to minimize both motion and animation
- Fixes an issue that could cause VoiceOver input to be too sensitive
- Updates the Bold Text setting to also change dial pad text
- Fixes an issue that could cause supervised devices to become un-supervised when updating software
Thank you TechRadar for providing us with this information.