Path of Exile Celebrates Massive Success One Month After Launch
Peter Donnell / 5 years ago
Grinding Gear Games today announced that their popular action RPG, Path of Exile, has exceeded initial expectations just one month after the game’s official launch. With over 4 million and counting registered users and more than 250,000 daily users, Path of Exile saw 1.5 million unique players log in following the end of its Open Beta. Path of Exile has also garnered a wealth of critical acclaim across the globe, including top scores from leading game sites.
Grinding Gear Games has given both new and old community members the chance to support the game and receive exclusive bonuses through the purchase of all-new Supporter Packs. Thanks to the generous contributions of thousands of members of the Path of Exile community, the sales of Supporter Packs have funded a significant portion of the game’s development, contributing to content and server costs throughout both the Closed and Open Betas.
These Supporter Packs offer a wide range of bonuses including Points (used for microtransactions), cosmetic item and spell effects, forum titles, alternate in-game social portraits, Path of Exile shirts/hoodies, the extended digital soundtrack, and more, with each tier containing more enticing rewards than the last.
Supporter Packs are now available for purchase in the following tiers:
- Survivor Pack: $50
- Warrior Pack: $120
- Champion Pack: $280
- Conqueror Pack: $900
For full details on each of Path of Exile’s latest Supporter Packs, including purchasing options, available here.
The latest update to Path of Exile, Version 1.0.2, went live last Wednesday, November 27. Version 1.0.2 includes several new Unique items, vendor recipes, achievements, and microtransactions, as well as final touches on the rapid-fire PvP Tournaments, various bug fixes, and some balancing changes to the game’s damage over time mechanics.
Key features include:
- A dark and deep action RPG
- Unlimited character combinations with the game’s gigantic skill tree
- Combine skill gems to create unique combat strategies
- Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Download and play for free, but never pay-to-win
- Explore randomly generated levels for nearly infinite replayability
- Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
- Cooperate or compete with thousands of other Exiles in a persistent online world
- Ascend online ladders in every game mode
- Battle in PvP tournaments for worldwide recognition
- Steam and Twitch integration
Grinding Gear Games regularly releases videos to expand on and complement updates, including patch previews, upcoming gameplay trailers, Developer Diaries, and Build of the Week segments directly from Chris Wilson. Interested players should check out the Path of Exile YouTube page.
Thank you Pathofexile for providing us with this information.
Image courtesy of Pathofexile.