Philips 27B1U5601H 27″ Business Monitor Review
Peter Donnell / 2 months ago
It’s fair to say that gaming monitors get a lot of our attention here at eTeknix. However, as someone who works from home, and with more of us than ever working from home these days, the appeal of a really good work monitor is certainly strong. Not that there’s anything stopping you from using the latest Philips monitor in an office too, of course. It’s packed full of technologies that should make it extremely versatile for the work environment though, and while it is a little on the expensive side, I am eager to see if it’s worth the extra investment.
The feature list is pretty impressive on this monitor though. It has an ethernet port on the back, as well as a Type-C port. This allows you to hook up just about everything to your monitor and then hook up to your PC with just a single Type-C cable. This may seem impractical to some desktop users, but my partner has two laptops for work and has to swap between them. With this monitor, it’s just a type-C cable to each laptop and then the built-in KVM switch allows you to use a single set of peripherals on both systems too! Not only that, but the monitor has USB-C power delivery, so it’ll even charge your laptop while you use it.
Beyond that impressive connectivity, you get a good quality 2560 x 1440 IPS panel that runs at 75Hz and promises good colour reproduction, brightness and contrast. Now, let’s get it out of the box and take a look!
- RJ-45 to USB-C gives easy network connection with security
- IPS technology for full colours and wide viewing angles
- Crystal clear images with Quad HD 2560 x 1440 pixels
- DisplayPort-out for connecting additional displays
- Built-in KVM switch to easily switch between sources
- Webcam with noise-cancelling microphone for collaboration
- PowerSensor saves up to 75% of energy costs
- MultiView enables simultaneous dual connection and view
- SmartErgoBase enables user-friendly ergonomic adjustments
- TUV Eye Comfort certified to reduce eye fatigue
For in-depth features and specifications, you can check out the official Philips 27B1U5601H product page here.
What Philips Had to Say
“This USB-C monitor is for data transfer, power delivery and watching videos. The integrated 5 MP webcam delivers sharp images, and the noise cancelling mic lets people hear you fine. Windows Hello Webcam for quick access and strong security” – Philips