Play Street Fighter V for FREE During CFN Open Beta
Ron Perillo / 12 months ago
Capcom is conducting a second round of open beta testing for their Capcom Fighter’s Network (CFN), giving PlayStation 4 and PC users a chance to play Street Fighter V for FREE for a limited time even if they do not previously own the game. The open beta period will run from May 11 through May 14 PDT. Also included and playable in the beta is the new character Ed who have not been officially revealed yet but was leaked last week at Street Fighter V’s PlayStation store listing description. PC and PlayStation 4 players will also be able to experience cross-platform play, meaning PC users can challenge PlayStation 4 players into matches and vice-versa during the open beta and after the CFN update is applied.
“We’re continuing to optimize the new and improved Capcom Fighters Network – but we want to ensure things are just right before unleashing it onto the world. To that end, we’re planning to run an additional online Beta Test this month, with the intent of making the official launch of the new CFN as smooth as possible,” according to CAPCOM.
List of improvements in this beta:
- Rage Quit Penalty System – Back in December, we implemented an update to the Rage Quit System which displayed a special Player Profile Icon for the worst offenders and the most honorable players. These icons are working correctly now and matchmaking logic now takes into account your online behavior and frequent disconnectors will be matched with similar opponents.
- Ranked and Casual Match Loading Times – We understand many players were not happy with the load times when entering online matches. There will now be a shorter transition when going into a Ranked or Casual Match.
- Battle Lounge Country Flags – Country flags should now properly load in Battle Lounges, allowing players to locate competition in their region.
- Matchmaking Improvements – It should now take less time to find an opponent in online matches. We’ve also added logic which avoids frequently being matched with the same opponent repeatedly.
- Fighter Profile Stats – More detailed stats will be tracked and presented on your Fighter Profile.
- Country / League Based Rankings – Players will now be able to filter leaderboards based on Country or League.
- Friend Management System – In addition to adding a player to your Favorites, you can now add Friends and follow them on CFN. You can now also Blacklist players.
- Interactive Timeline – On the CFN home menu, a live feed of your Friends’ activities is presented on an interactive Timeline. Using the Timeline, you can immediately add a recent match to your Replay List, view a Fighter Profile, manage your Friends, and adjust Timeline display settings.
- In-Game Announcer Voice – The in-game announcer will give you stats on both you and your opponent using data pulled from the server.