PNY launches Intel and Sandforce based SSDs
Ryan Martin / 7 years ago
PNY has introduced its new Professional SSD (solid state drive) range. Built for enthusiasts, amateurs and professionals the new drives are available in 120 GB, 240 GB and 480 GB capacities.
The Professional SSD range takes full advantage of SandForce SF 2281/2 controllers and Intel memory. These controllers allow for maximum read speeds of up to 550 MB/s, write speeds of up to 520 MB/s and 60,000 I/O per second. The range provides an excellent solution for the consumer looking to improve their computer’s performance. Used as boot device, the SSDs decrease start time, and provide a boost to game and application performance, whilst operating at cool temperatures ensuring efficiency and power even for laptop computers.
– Controller SandForce SF 2281 / SF 2282 (480 GB version)
– Memory Intel 3K P/E Endurance
– NAND components Synchronous-Mode Multi-Level Cell (MLC)
– Form factor 2.5″
– Connectors SATA III / 6G
– Max read up to 550 MB/s
– Max write up to 520 MB/s
– Random I/O operations per second (IOPS) 60,000 (Random write 4KB)
– Compatible with Windows (32-bit & 64-bit), Linux, and Mac OSX
– TRIM support (requires OS support)
– Warranty 3 Years
Pricing and Availability:
PNY Professional SSDs are available now from www.scan.co.uk.
120 GB: £151.19 (inc VAT)
240 GB: £282.00 (inc VAT)
480 GB: Price To be announced