Prey’s First Major Patch Now Aailable
Lefteris Papaiosif / 3 months ago
Losing your Save Point can be irritating!
Arkane has just released the first patch for Prey since the game launch. We all know the feeling. You play a game for a few hours, making some progress and then you just want to save your game and exit. But when you come back for more you realise that all the hard work you put into it was for nothing! The save file does not work! This is a problem many players encountered in Arkane’s Prey. According to the release notes though, this patch is going to fix that. Not only will it prevent this from happening again, but it will make your damaged save files work too! It will also fix some crashing issues when loading maps.
Additionally, the first patch for Prey will be fixing various problems such as the player getting stuck under certain circumstances. Brings numerous fixes to GLOO to prevent breaking and bypassing collision, prevent corpses from passing through walls and floors. Tweaks Nightmares so that they will always search for the player once spawned.
Hey, that’s great! Where do I sign up?
Steam will download the update for you automatically, and here is the full changelog.
PREY Patch 1.2 Changelog:
- Fix to prevent Save games from becoming corrupted. Fix also returns corrupted Save games to uncorrupted state.
—–>Also addresses some additional crashes on map loads.
- Hacking during the Power Plant reboot no longer causes the reboot to fail to complete.
- Fix to prevent the Player from becoming stuck in certain circumstances.
- Nightmares will now always search for the player once spawned.
- Saving and Loading PC settings will now save correctly for users with special characters in their Windows usernames.
- Numerous fixes to GLOO to prevent breaking and bypassing collision, prevent corpses from passing through walls and floors.
- Updated Recycling to prevent infinite material creation.
- Fix for occasional combat freeze when attacking Phantoms
- Kaspar’s objective indicator should no longer disappear.
- Updates to audio mix to adjust volume of music, audio logs, cutscenes.