be quiet! Shadow Rock TF 2 CPU Cooler Review
Peter Donnell / 7 months ago
be quiet! Shadow Rock TF 2
The new be quiet! Shadow Rock TF 2 looks set to improve on an already impressive range of CPU coolers. be quiet! are one of the top premium brands on the market today, and while they’re often a little more expensive, they deliver premium products that are worthy of their asking price.
Today, we’ll be taking a look at the new TF2. The TF2 is specially designed to consume less space within a chassis without cutting down on the surface area. This means high-performance cooling should be delivered, while still allowing you to use a slimmer HTPC type chassis!
“Shadow Rock TF 2 is the perfect cooler for PC systems with restricted space. It offers the best mix of performance and price in the premium compact CPU cooler segment.” – be quiet!
- Space-saving top-flow construction
- Very high cooling capacity of 160W TDP
- Direct connection of baseplate to cooling fins for fast heat transfer
- Small, diagonally arranged fins create an airflow that ensures perfect cooling for components near to the socket
- Silence-optimized 135mm be quiet! fan (max. 24.4dB(A)) with durable rifle-bearing technology
- Five high-performance 6mm heat pipes
- Compatibility with Intel® and AMDTM sockets
- 3-year manufacturer’s warranty
“Our german design team has to summon up all the be quiet! know-how in order to build the perfect top-flow air cooler. The video explains how we were able to build a compact cooler while retaining our well known whisper-quiet operation and still deliever 160 Watt TDP. More information.” – be quiet!
What’s in the Box
Everything that comes with the cooler is what you would expect. There’s an AMD and Intel mounting kit. Unfortunately, it looks like it has their old style mounting kit, which I’ve often found to be clunky and put simply, a freaking nightmare to use… but we’ll power through that for now, we have testing to do!