Razer Basilisk Mouse Is Aimed at FPS Gamers
Cernescu Andrei / 12 months ago
How good is Razer’s new Basilisk mouse?
If you’re an avid FPS gamer, you’re well aware that even a split second can make the difference between a win or a loss. Razer has unveiled a brand new mouse named Basilisk, which is designed specifically for FPS gaming. The mouse boasts the same 16,000 DPI sensor implemented in the DeathAdder Elite and Lancehead Tournament Edition, by the way. Highlights include up to 450 inches per second (IPS) / 50 G acceleration, as well as extensive customization options. The scroll wheel has a dial that can be used to adjust resistance, while a removable thumb clutch can be programmed by the user.
This thumb button is perfect for quick DPI adjusting, at least according to Razer. It can also be used for push-to-talk or various key-binding, which sounds useful enough. The thumb clutch is completely removable via a rubber cap, just in case it’s not to your liking.
Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan had a few words to say about this new peripheral:
“This is a mouse designed for tweaking that last ounce of performance out of each gamer’s specific FPS playstyle. For games like CS:GO, PUBG, Quake, and the likes, there’s nothing better.”
Razer Synapse 3
Settings regarding RGB lighting, calibration, and button mapping can be controlled using the Synapse 3 software. The great news is that all settings are stored into the mouse itself. Therefore, you don’t need to adjust them again if you plug the Basilisk into a new PC. The main problem with this piece is that only right-handed users will be able to use it comfortably. The suggested retail price of $69.99 is not surprising, though, as it is quite similar to the DeathAdder Elite.
You can find a complete list of specifications below.
- Razer 5G optical sensor with true 16,000 DPI.
- Up to 450 inches per second (IPS) / 50 G acceleration.
- Gaming-grade tactile scroll wheel with customizable resistance.
- Two removable clutch (short/long) buttons and a rubber thumb cap.
- Eight independently programmable Hyperesponse buttons.
- RazerTM Mechanical Mouse Switches.
- Ergonomic right-handed design with enhanced rubber side grips.
- Razer Chroma lighting with true 16.8 million customizable color options.
- 1000 Hz Ultrapolling.
- Razer Synapse 3 (Beta) enabled.
- Approximate size: 124 mm / 4.88 in (Length) X 75 mm / 2.94 in (Width) X 43 mm / 1.69 in (Height).
- Approximate weight 107 g / 0.24 lbs.
What do you think about the new Razer Basilisk? Will you rely on it to become MVP in your favorite first person shooters?