Razer Unveils Its Orochi 2016 Wireless Gaming Mouse
Cernescu Andrei / 3 years ago
Razer has decided to upgrade its already impressive Orochi notebook gaming mouse in order to make sure that it meets the demanding requirements of modern gamers. The 2016 Orochi by Razer is packed with a plethora of modern technologies that allow it to deliver unprecedented accuracy and battery life, which makes it perfect for those who are used to gaming on-the-go. The mouse is based on a 4G, 8200 DPI laser sensor that provides movement speeds of up to 210 inches per second with 50 G acceleration.
While the Razer Orochi 2016 is a great choice for all games, it shines when it is used in FPS games or MOBA games where accuracy and quick reaction times are critical. Another highlight of this new mouse comes in the form of Bluetooth Low Energy technology that guarantees more than double the battery life when compared to its predecessor. The wireless mouse can be used over 60 hours continuously in gaming mode, which is quite impressive. Its polling rate is 125 Hz in wireless mode, but this can increase dramatically to 1000 Hz in wired mode.
Last but not least, we should mention Razer’s unique Chroma lighting system, which allows the user to choose from 16.8 million available colors for customization purposes. Customizing the mouse’s colors can be done using the Razer Synapse software. When describing this new product, Razer co-founder and CEO, Min-Liang Tan, stated the following:
“With the recent advances in sensor and Bluetooth technology, it was time for us to bring the Orochi up to date, which involved a complete redesign of the entire mouse. We’ve retained the portable form factor and added rubberized side grips, but on the inside is where the big changes have happened. This is a whole new feature-packed mobile gaming mouse.”
Below you will find a list of the mouse’s specifications:
- Dual wired/wireless Bluetooth 4.0 technology
- 1,000 Hz Ultrapolling (Wired) / 125 Hz Ultrapolling (Wireless)
- 1 ms response time (Wired) / 8 ms response time (Wireless)
- On-The-Fly Sensitivity adjustment
- 8200 DPI 4G laser sensor
- 210 inches per second / 50 G acceleration
- Battery life: Approximately 60 hrs. (continuous gaming) or 7 months (normal usage)
- Ambidextrous form factor with textured rubber side grips
- Chroma lighting with true 16.8 million customizable color options
- Inter-device color synchronization
- Seven independently programmable buttons
- Razer Synapse enabled
- 1 m / 3.28 ft. braided fiber USB charging cable
- Approximate size: 99 mm / 3.90 in. (Length) x 67 mm / 2.64 in. (Width) x 35 mm / 1.38 in. (Height)
- Approximate weight: 110 g / 0.24 lbs.
- 2 x AA batteries
The Orochi 2016 will become available worldwide starting October 2015, and it will carry a price tag of €84.99 or $69.99. Will you be buying one?
Thank you TechPowerUp for providing us with this information.