Reeven ColdWing 12 Fan Series Review
Ryan Martin / 7 years ago
Reeven are an emerging company who makes CPU coolers, fan controllers and fans. So far we’ve taken a look at their CPU coolers, the Kelveros and Arcziel 12, and now we are going to take a brief look at a key component of all Reeven CPU coolers – the 120mm fans they are supplied with.
Reeven uses its own fans with its products but it also sells them separately for competitive prices. Currently Reeven has just one series of fan, the ColdWing 12 series. However, within that series Reeven offers four types of fans with the main difference between them being the fact they come with different operating RPMs which obviously changes airflow and noise output across all the models.
The first fan they offer is an 800 RPM silent fan. Given the fact this fan has a fixed RPM of 800, it includes a 3 pin connector as it doesn’t need PWM controls.
The second fan Reeven offer is the Silent Performance PWM fan. Being a PWM fan this comes with a 4 pin connector and has a variable RPM of 500 to 1500.
Their third fan is the Performance PWM fan. This fan features 4 pin PWM controls and a variable RPM of between 500 and 2000 RPM. It also features an integrated switch which when at high offers 500-2000 RPM and when at low offers 500-1300 RPM.
The final fan is the performance fan. It is a 3 pin connecting fan so has a fixed speed of 2000 RPM with no PWM controls.
- Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 25mm
- Rated Voltage: 12V
- Rated Current: 0.15A (Silent), 0.52A (Performance), 0.42A (Silent Performance PWM) and 0.52A (Performance PWM)
- Bearing Type: Sleeve Bearing
- Mean Time Before Failure: 30000 Hours
- Weight: 152-167g
- Rated Noise: 14.5 dBA (Silent), 36.6 dBA (Performance), 4.3 – 29.8 dBA (Silent Performance PWM) and 4.3 – 36.6 dBA [4.3 – 25.6 dBA with low switch] (Performance PWM)
- Rated Airflow: 43 CFM (Silent), 107 CFM (Performance), 27 – 82 CFM (Silent Performance PWM) and 27 – 107 CFM [27 – 69 CFM with low switch] (Performance PWM)