Revised Watch Dogs PC System Requirements Discovered
Peter Donnell / 4 years ago
There is no secret that multi-format gaming has been held back in terms of graphics performance by the current gen of games consoles. PC games are never going to push the true limits if developers are working hard to have the game also run on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. That bottom line in terms of graphics performance is about to get a massive kick in the back side, the bottom line is beginning to shift and Watch Dogs is upping the game big time. Specifications leaked last week and many PC gamers crawled around in terror as minimum requirements were pretty high compared to many of today’s current popular titles.
Now we see these specifications have been revised and while last week a developer said that the specs were not final, implying that the new ones would be somehow better, that isn’t the case. Minimum requirements now need more ram, the only good news being that recommended requirements not only require a quad core, not an eight core CPU.
Personally I’m not phased by this, I’ve got a few months old over clocked SLI gaming rig, but they’re not as common place as forum users would have you believe, I know many gamers are still rocking sub GTX 5xx cards and still dream of owning chips like the i5.
Check out the specs below, let us know where you will be setting your graphics or even what parts of your system need to be upgraded to even play the game.
- Supported OS: Windows Vista SP2 64bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8 64bit
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
- RAM: 6 GB
- Video Card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 (see supported list)
- Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
- This product supports 64-bit operating systems ONLY
- Processor: Core i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Video Card: 2048 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (see supported list)
- Sound Card: Surround Sound 5.1 capable sound card
Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
- nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series;
- AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series
- Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200
Thank you IncGamer for providing us with this information.