ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WiFi Motherboard Review
Peter Donnell / 5 months ago
When it comes to high-end motherboards, ASUS are top of their game, having delivered incredible performance, build quality and designs year after year for as long as I can remember now. Their STRIX series has long been a smash hit with high-end PC gamers wanting excellent performance, and while the motherboards can often be a little more expensive than some rival products, the amount of extra features and the build quality has often justified the extra investment. Of course, with the release of the ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WiFi, all of that seems to hold true yet again, as STRIX hits the AM5 platform.
ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WiFi
The motherboard is very much on the high end of the scale, offering up support for the latest AMD AM5 socket 7000 series CPUs, with a powerful 18+2 Teamed Power Stages VRM configuration, as well as massive heatsinks that surround the CPU, but also cover all major hardware on the motherboard for added durability and performance stability, especially for those who love to push their hardware to the extreme and overclock. Of course, that’s backed up by some very robust connectivity too, including 2 x x16 PCIe 5.0 slots, and even PCIe 5.0 M.2 slots! However, that’s hardly surprising given that this motherboard is a long way away from being considered affordable.
- AMD Socket AM5 for AMD Ryzen 7000 Series Desktop Processors
- Robust Power Solution: 18 + 2 teamed power stages with 8+8 pin ProCool II power connectors, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Optimized Thermal Design: Massive VRM heatsinks plus integrated aluminium I/O cover, high-conductivity thermal pad, L-shaped heatpipe, M.2 Combo-sink and M.2 backplate for the PCIe 5.0 M.2_1 slot, three onboard M.2 heatsinks, plus a massive M.2 heatsink as an accessory
- Overclocking technologies: Dynamic OC Switcher, Core Flex, Asynchronous Clock and PBO Enhancement
- High-Performance Networking: Onboard WiFi 6E, Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet and ASUS LANGuard
What ASUS Had To Say
“The ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WiFi is perched at the top of the series, packing robust power delivery and exclusive ROG overclocking tools to max out the stats of AMD Ryzen™ 7000 Series processors. PCIe 5.0 support extends to the furthest reaches of chipset capabilities, and an additional beefy heatsink is prepped to keep even the fastest M.2 drives chilled. With leading performance, the latest connectivity, and DIY-friendly features that span from hardware installation to system setup, this Strix beast grips AM5 and effortlessly soars to victory.”