Ryzen 2700X With 1080 Ti and VEGA 64 Gaming Performance
Peter Donnell / 2 years ago
Testing and Methodology
Here at eTeknix, we endeavour to disclose vital information regarding the benchmarking process so that readers can quantify the results and attempt to replicate them using their hardware. When it comes to CPU reviews, the benchmarks are pretty self-explanatory although there are a few exceptions.
Rember that your choice of motherboard, the silicon lottery, and other factors can yield different numbers, and there’s always a margin for error when using the software. Therefore, your experience may vary. Each benchmark runs three times, and the average figure is taken to try to reduce the effect of hardware variation. Of course, any relevant details regarding the parameters will be listed below.
- Motherboard – Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 X470 WiFi
- RAM – G.SKILL DDR4 3400 MHz Dual Channel 16GB
- CPU Cooler – Noctua D15S with dual fans
- Graphics Card 1 – Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
- Graphics Card 2 – Sapphire Nitro+ VEGA 64
- Power Supply – BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 850 Watt
- Main Storage Drive – Toshiba OCZ VX500 500GB
- Chassis – Lian Li T80 Test Bench
- Operating System – Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
All games are tested at both 1920 x 1080 and 2160 x 3840 (4K) on a 60 Hz display with V-Sync off for all tests. Previously we would use “extreme” presets, but these have now been adjusted to “Medium” or equivalent to better test the capabilities of the CPU, not the GPU.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider (Steam)
- DX12 Medium Preset
- Pure Hair Off
- Deus Ex (Steam)
- DX12 Medium Preset
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands (Uplay)
- Medium Preset
- Turf Effects Off
- Far Cry Primal (Uplay)
- Normal Preset
- High Resolution Assets On
- 3DMark Fire Strike (download)
- FireStrike (1080p) Benchmark
- Unigine Superposition (download)
- 1080p Extreme Benchmark
A rest period of 2-5 minutes is observed between each piece of software allowing the system to return to its idle power usage and temperatures. Background services like Windows Update are checked to not be running during the testing period by setting WiFi to Metered Connection.