Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5″ SSD Review
Peter Donnell / 3 weeks ago
It’s been many years since we featured a Samsung product here on eTeknix, and back then it was their fantastic DDR3 memory! However, today we’re looking at one of their latest SSDs, the Samsung 870 EVO 500GB SSD. Promising competitive speeds and prices, it’s not the bleeding edge of storage technology. However, there’s still a lot to love about SSD storage. It’s compact, silent, and these days, it’s more affordable and reliable than ever!
Samsung 870 EVO 500GB
I’ll be taking a look at the 500GB model today. However, it’s also available in 250GB, 2TB and 4TB. However, the 500TB is likely going to be the most popular and strikes a good balance between capacity and price. Promising speeds that’ll max out the SATA limit of 560/530Mbps performance shouldn’t be an issue. However, it also comes with Intelligent Turbo Write and Samsung Magician 6 Software, ensuring the drive is well maintained and monitored.
- Interface: achieves the maximum SATA limit of 560/530 MB/s sequential speeds
- Intelligent Turbo Write: accelerates write speed and maintains long-term high performance
- Samsung Magician 6 Software: manage your drive with a range of useful tools to help you keep up with the latest updates, monitor the drive’s health and status
- Designed for anyone with a desktop PC or laptop that supports a standard 2.5-inch SATA form factor
- Available capacity: 500 GB
For in-depth specifications, please visit the official Samsung 870 EVO product page here.
What Samsung Had to Say
“Everyday users can now enjoy professional-level SSD performance with the 870 EVO, which maximizes the SATA interface limit to 560/530 MB/s sequential speeds, accelerates write speeds and maintains long-term high performance with a larger variable buffer that lets the SSD work faster, longer.” – Samsung
“Meet the demands of each task. From everyday computing to 8K video processing — with up to 300 TBW* under a 5-year limited warranty¹, plus a stable host experience, low lag with the 6th generation VNAND, and steady performance when multi-tasking with the powerful MKX controller.” – Samsung