Samsung Announces Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge
Ryan Simmons / 5 years ago
Samsung’s Unpacked event is going on right now, but a few publications have already published their hands-on impressions of the new devices.
There are two, as rumours have suggested – one with a conventional display and another with a curved screen. They will be available worldwide starting on April 10th. They come with Android 5.0 and “40% less” pre-loaded software.
- 5.1-inch 2560×1440 Super AMOLED display with 577 ppi
- Exynos Octacore processor, 3GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 32/64/128GB UFS 2.0 internal storage
- Android 5.0
- F/1.9 16MP rear camera with optical image stabilization and live HDR
- F/1.9 5MP front camera with live HDR
- Category 6 LTE with 300 Mbps down/50 Mbps up max theoretical speeds
- Wi-Fi 802.11 AC with HT80 MIMO, Bluetooth LE, NFC, IR blaster
- 2,550mAh (GS6) and 2,600mAh (GS6 edge) batteries
Both will have no removable battery and no memory card slot (hence the 128GB storage option). The new phones also support improved wireless charging and Samsung Pay; based on Loop Pay, a company Samsung recently purchased.