Samsung worker in South Korea died of cancer because of “industrial accident”
Roshan Ashraf Shaikh / 5 years ago
On December 14th, the South Korean government announced that a woman with the surname “Kim” was exposed to harmful organic solvents and radiation which caused her breast cancer.
Kim was working in the semiconductor factory for 5 years and an activist group said that Samsung did not install a radiation detector at the factory. Kim died in March at the age of 36. She started worked in the factory from 1995 to 2000.
Samsung has given an undisclosed amount as an compensation which is equivalent to almost four years of pay. There have been 3 cases where Samsung was found to be the source of diseases though as of now, Samsung is tight-lipped about the ruling.
Source: The Verge