Scythe Announces Mugen 5 CPU Cooler
Ron Perillo / 3 years ago
Japanese Cooling manufacturer Scythe has announced the availability of their Scythe Mugen 5 CPU cooler, a 5th generation update of their 120mm flagship heatsink which includes a completely reworked shape for component compatibility. The Mugen heatink series are designed with relatively bulky bodies so to allow for better component clearance, the new Scythe Mugen 5 employs an asymmetrical design that offsets the heatpipes and the fin stack to allow for memory clearance even when a fan is installed on the front. There is also additional clearance on the backside up to 55mm for use on quad-channel motherboards with DIMM slots flanking the CPU socket.
Bundled with the cooler is the new Scythe Kaze Flex 120 PWM fan with a max airflow of 51.17 CFM and static pressure rating of 0,076 ~ 1,05 mmH²O at 1200 RPM. This is a fluid-dynamic bearing fan utilizing a new “sealed precision” design and is made to perform at low noise for a long time.
The heatsink itself measures 130 x 154.5 x 110mm including the fan and weighs 890 grams. Six copper heatpipes extend upward to a 38-piece aluminum fin array. The entire heatsink is also nickel plated with the heatpipe tips capped at the top for a thoroughly premium look.
- Model Name: Mugen 5 CPU Cooler
- Model Number: SCMG-5000
- Overall Dimensions WxHxD: 130 x 154,5 x 110 mm / 5.12 x 6.08 x 4.33 inch (including fan – more details)
- Weight: 890 g / 31.4 oz
- Accessory: Mounting parts for Intel and AMD sockets, fan, fan clips, thermal grease, installation manual.
- Baseplate Material / Heatpipes: Nickel-plated copper (additional information)
- Intel®: Socket LGA775, Socket LGA1150, Socket LGA1151, Socket LGA1155, Socket LGA1156, Socket LGA1366, Socket LGA2011 / 2011-v3 (Square ILM)
- AMD®: Socket AM2, Socket AM2+, Socket AM3, Socket AM3+, Socket FM1, Socket FM2, Socket FM2+
Please note that an original backplate with screw mounting is needed for installation on mainboards with AMD sockets. Please check before buying if the backplate is fixed by screws (example)! If the backplate uses plastic-pins, mounting of this cooler is not possible.
- Model Name: Kaze Flex 120 PWM
- Dimensions: 120 x 120 x 27 mm / 4.72 x 4.72 x 1.06 inch
- Noise Level: 4 ~ 24,9 dBA
- Air Flow: 16,6 ~ 51.17 CFM / 28,2 ~ 86,93 m³/h
- Fan Speed: 300 (±200 rpm) ~ 1.200 rpm (±10%) (PWM-controlled)
- Static Pressure: 0,75 ~ 10,3 Pa / 0,076 ~ 1,05 mmH²O
- Bearing Type: Sealed Precision FDB
- Voltage: 12V
- MTTF: 120.000 Hours (25°C)