Siege of Dragonspear Announced for Baldur’s Gate!
Christopher Files / 3 years ago
There is a new expansion for the original Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition by the name of Siege of Dragonspear, which has left avid fans of the game waiting in anticipation. Now I am a fan of computer games and keep abreast, read that how you want, of different genres of which developer’s release, but this game has never really caught my eye and researching this is new to me.
The newly announced edition which according to the site which is launched by Beamdog, will be an expansion of the original game that covers the events immediately following the conclusion of the first Baldur’s Gate This means that Dragonspear will follow the player character as they investigate the Shining Lady, who is a mysterious warrior assailing the Sword Coast with an army under her private command.
The full list of new features according to the official website of Beamdog is as follows,
- Expand Your Story: Explore new areas, fight new monsters, and win new rewards in the Siege of Dragonspear expansion to Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition. Continue the adventure by exporting your game to Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition
- The Crusade Rises: A sharp and subtle adventure that pits you against an enigmatic new foe
- Explore the Sword Coast: Venture through vibrant new hand-painted areas in the classic style of the original Baldur’s Gate
- Gather You’re Party: The original cast returns to kick butt for goodness – along with Neera, Rasaad, Dorn, and four new additions!
- To Infinity and Beyond: Updated UI and improved Infinity Engine features
- Extra Class: New items, quests, and a new class: the spirit-calling shaman!
- Venture Forth With A Friend: Functional, extensively tested cross-platform multiplayer on all supported platforms
- Story Mode: A difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens
The expansion will be developed on the Infinity Engine and will include nearly 25 hours of new content with the platforms being PC, Mac, Linux, IOS and Android. I must admit, I do like and always have liked the notion of expansions for games, instead of quickly discarding the series; it leaves the opportunity for fans to update themselves with the franchise and to carry on playing.
Thank You Siege of Dragonspear/Beamdog for providing us with this information
Image Courtesy of gamersftw