Silicon Power Introduces Armor A65 Durable Portable Hard Drive
Bohs Hansen / 3 years ago
Silicon Power has launched their latest Armor series portable hard drives, the Armor A65, that comes with almost any protection you could want. It is shockproof, waterproof and dustproof, comes with encryption software and is rigorously tested. The Armor A65 is the first portable hard drive that passes the IP67 standard in the industry that certifies complete protection against dust penetration, has passed the U.S military’s drop test and can stay submerged in up to 1 meter of water for up to 30-minutes.
The Armor A65 consists of two layers of rubber and a middle frame to create a unibody design which makes the casing very resistant and durable. The internal suspension system provides a vibration damping function to reinforce overall stability while the outer rubber cover not only creates a shockproof shell but makes the surface anti-slip and anti-scratch. Featuring advanced 3-layer protection, the rugged Armor A65 is an expert in shock resistance.
A portable hard drive doesn’t just need to be robust, it should also be portable. The Armor A65 has a built-in and attached USB 3.0 cable that reduces the size and makes it easier to carry. To meet different storage needs, the Armor A65 is available in 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB capacity options.
“The Armor series has been well received in the market, but we still keep improving to bring innovations to users,” said a SP Industrial Designer. “We tried to make the Armor A65 more out of the ordinary, in either its function or appearance. It is the first portable hard drive in the industry that applies the unibody cup-like design and passes the IP67 dustproof/waterproof standards. Thus, we’re confident that the Armor A65 can withstand any demanding conditions.” SP always takes every detail into consideration; for water and dust are the most common threats to portable hard drives, we especially designed the Armor A65 to remove all of the threats and set a new standard for data safety.”
Armor A65 Product Features:
- Compliant with the U.S. military drop-test standards MIL-STD 810G Method 516.6 Procedure IV (transit drop test), a freefall test (122cm) on 26 contact points.
- Industry’s-first to meet IP67 dustproof/waterproof standards
- Advanced internal hard drive suspension system
- Delicate cable storage design
- SP HDD Lock Utility free software download for full disk encryption
(Note: Please remember your password and keep it safe. If you forget it you will not be able to access your data.)
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface
- Intelligent LED indicator
- Easy to plug and use; no external adapter required
- SP Widget free download software, providing 7 major back-up and security functions
Armor A65 Product Specifications:
- Dimensions: 143.4 x 86.7 x 20.7 mm
- Weight: 242~277g (by capacity)
- Capacity: 500GB、1TB、2TB
- Material: Rubber/ Plastic
- Color: Black
- Interface: USB 3.0 / USB 2.0 compatible
- Data transfer rates: Max. 5 Gbps (USB 3.0 Mode); Max. 480 Mbps (USB 2.0 Mode)
- Power supply: DC5V (Power supplied through USB)
- Supported operating systems: Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP, Linux 2.6.31 or later, Mac OS 10.5 or later
- Operating temperature: 5℃~ 55℃
- Storage temperature: -40℃~ 70℃
- Warranty: 3 years
Thanks to Silicon Power for providing us with this information