Silicon Power Launches its XD80 PCIe Gen3 M.2 SSD
Mike Sanders / 5 months ago
Silicon Power is releasing its latest PCIe Gen3 x4 SSD, the XD80, available in massive storage capacities up to 2 TB. It is the ideal solution for performance enthusiasts building custom gaming rigs or desktops. Featuring SLC Caching and DRAM Cache Buffer, the XD80 peels rubber with blazing read/write speeds up to 3,400/3,000 MB/s, respectively. Its high-speed PCIe Gen3 x4 interface leaves traditional SATA III SSDs behind in the dust, giving hardcore gamers the competitive edge they need to secure the win.
Silicon Power XD80 PCIe Gen3 M.2 SSD
With NVMe 1.3 support, the XD80 delivers higher performance, lower latency, and lower power consumption for the smoothest gameplay without any lag. The durable aluminium heatsink provides maximum heat dissipation and thermal management. In fact, compared to SSDs without a heatsink, the XD80 keeps temperatures as much as 20% lower, maintaining its stability.
- PCIe Gen3x4 interface with read speeds up to 3,400MB/s and write speeds up to 3,000MB/s
- Durable aluminum heatsink provides maximum heat dissipation and thermal management with temperatures up to 20% lower than SSDs without a heatsink
- Ideal for performance enthusiasts building custom gaming rigs or desktops
- NVMe 1.3 support allows for higher performance, lower latency, and lower power consumption
- Available in massive storage capacity options ranging from 256GB to 2TB
- Supports SLC Caching and DRAM Cache Buffer to improve sequential read/write and random read/write performance
- Supports RAID engine technology for enhanced data integrity and stability
- Small form factor M.2 2280 (80mm) allows for easy installation in laptops and small form factor PC systems
Where Can I Learn More?
Although supposedly available now, we haven’t been able to confirm how much the Silicon Power XD80 will actually cost at the time of writing. We can, however, confirm that it will be available in 256GB, 512GB, 1TB, and 2TB capacities. Therefore, if you do want to learn more, you can check out the official product website via the link here!
What do you think? – Let us know in the comments!