Silverstone Kublai KL04 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
Andy Ruffell / 5 years ago
The Silverstone Kublai range of cases were first introduced in 2007 and incorporated a unique design that allowed for maximum storage capacities by twisting and reworking the style that was present at that time. Today with the latest release from the Kublai series; the KL04, we seem Silverstone doing it again by designing a chassis in such a way that will appeal to those with mass amounts of storage needs.
The KL04 sets out to be a simple mid-tower chassis with storage in mind, by offering a whopping ten 3.5″ hard drive bays and four 5.25″ drive bays, simply aimed at those with a passion for storing all of their latest TV shows, movies, music or photos of their loved ones.
While the KL04 has storage fanatics in mind, it also offers enough space for a full-sized ATX motherboard, large graphics cards from both Nvidia and AMD and a ventilation system that should see your system being nice and chilled, even under pressure.
It may look to be a simple chassis that you’re likely to see in an office environment, but from a first glance at the features and specifications, it seems to be everything but that, and that’s made it all the more exciting to us, so lets take a look to see what’s on offer.
- Incredible ten 3.5” hard drive capacity
- Flexible multi 2.5” drive slots
- Beautiful SilverStone-styled front panel free of venting holes
- Positive pressure design for effective dust reduction
- Motherboard back plate opening for quick CPU cooler assembly
- Support eight expansion slots cards up to 17 inches long
- Quick access and removal for fan filters
- Smart backside cable routing design