SilverStone Release MMS01 Military-Grade External 2.5-inch Enclosure with USB 3.0
Bohs Hansen / 4 years ago
Rugged hard disk drives that can withstand drops, water, and dust is nothing new on the market, but they’re getting more and more popular as people need more storage despite their active lifestyle. SilverStone has now released a new enclosure called the MMS01 that allows you to create a protective storage solution with any 7mm or 9.5mm thin 2.5-inch drive.
The SilverStone MMS01 is a military-grade external 2.5-inch enclosure with USB 3.0 connectivity. It has a thick protective cover for your drive and has been certified for the IP65 standard against dust and water. But it doesn’t stop there, the MMS01 has also proven to be immune or resistant to rapid temperature change, vibration, 1.2-meter drop, salt spray, sand, and fungal growth.
The SilverStone MMS01 doesn’t sacrifice performance for its MIL-STD-810G and IP65 certifications because it doesn’t have to. Inside is a bridge controller chip that supports UASP for the best possible USB 3.0 connection with improved access times and data transfers.
- Super speed USB 3.0 and SATA 6G interface
- Supports 7mm or 9.5mm thick 2.5” SATA hard drives or SSD
- Supports UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) for additional performance
- Unique anti-vibration silicone sleeve over ABS shell for complete protection
- Adheres to US military standard (MIL-STD-810G) for thermal, drop, shock, humidity, sand, dust, and fungus resistance
- Certified IP65 for dust proof and water resistance
SilverStone’s newest drive enclosure, the MMS01, will be available from today for a suggested retail price of just $30.98 USD which isn’t much premium over other enclosures that don’t offer the extra rugged protection.