Skyrim Special Edition 1.1.51 Update Fixes Performance Issues
Ashley Allen / 3 years ago
Bethesda has released a new patch for Skyrim Special Edition, which fixes a rare issue with NPC non-appearances, corrects saved games being mistakenly marked as modded, and updating a number of sound files that were previously compressed. The update, 1.1.51, is now available via Steam beta, and is set for release on Xbox One and PS4 “soon,” according to Bethesda.
The compression issue lead to audio that was comparably worse than the original version of the game. Sadly, the update’s release notes do not specify which audio files have been replaced by uncompressed versions. No doubt avid Skyrim players will soon report on which files have been updated.
Skyrim Special Edition update 1.1.51 release notes:
- General performance and optimization improvements
- Fixed rare issue with NPCs not appearing in proper locations
- Fixed issue with saves erroneously being marked as Moddded, even though no mods are active
- Updated some sound files to not use compression
How to access the Steam Beta
- Log into Steam.
- Right Click on Skyrim Special Edition in your Library.
- Select Settings.
- Select Betas.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta.
- Select OK.
- Wait a few minutes for game to update.
- When done, Skyrim Special Edition [Beta] should appear in our Library.