Skyrim’s new 1.5 patch to bring new kill cams
Andy Ruffell / 6 years ago
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, an extremely popular title nowadays, has recently received a new semi-official patch from its developer, Bethesda.
This new patch will bring the game to version 1.5. Currently available as a beta for PC only (through Steam), it will soon be available for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. In the list of the patch are many bug fixes and improvements. Additionally it also brings a new feature that seems to be rather interesting; slow motion kill cams for projectiles and melee weapons. The video below demonstrates this new feature through a 1 minute in-game slaughter.
The 1.5 title update is now available as a Beta Update on Steam. Visit Bethesda Blog to see all the new fixes and features, including new kill cameras for ranged and magic attacks. Watch the video above for a sneak peek.
Here’s a more complete list of the new features to come with the patch:
- New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells
- New kill moves and animations for melee weapons
- Shadows on grass available (PC)
- Smithing skill increases now factor in the created item’s value
- Improved visual transition when going underwater
- Improved distance LOD transition for snowy landscapes
As for the bug fixes, here’s the list:
- General crash fixes and memory optimizations
- Fixed issue with Deflect Arrows perk not calculating properly
- In “A Cornered Rat,” the death of certain NPCs no longer blocks progression
- Fixed issue where Farkas would not give Companion’s quests properly
- Fixed crash when loading saves that rely on data that is no longer being loaded
- Followers sneak properly when player is sneaking – Fixed issue with weapon racks not working properly in Proudspire Manor
- Arrows and other projectiles that were stuck in objects in the world now clean up properly
- Fixed issue where “Rescue Mission” was preventing “Taking Care of Business” from starting properly
- Fixed issue where certain NPCs would fail to become Thieves Guild fences
- Fixed issue in “Diplomatic Immunity” where killing all the guards in the Thalmor Embassy before starting the quest would break progress
- In “Hard Answers,” picking up the dwarven museum key after completing the quest, no longer restarts the quest
- Killing Viola before or after “Blood on the Ice” no longer blocks progression
- Fixed issue where Calixto would fail to die properly in “Blood on the Ice”
- In “Waking Nightmare” fixed occasional issue where Erandur would stop pathing properly
- Fixed issue where letters and notes with random encounters would appear blank
- Fixed rare issue where dialogue and shouts would improperly play
- Lydia will now offer marriage option after player purchases Breezehome in Whiterun
- Fixed issue where if player manually mined ore in Cidhna Mine, jail time would not be served
- Fixed rare issue with skills not increasing properly
- Fixed issue where the Headsman’s Axe did not gain proper buff from Barbarian perk
- In “A Night to Remember” it is no longer possible to kill Ysolda, Ennis or Senna before starting the quest
- Fixed issue with the ebony dagger having a weapon speed that was too slow
- Fixed issue with “The Wolf Queen Awakened” where backing out of a conversation with Styrr too soon would block progress
- The third level of the Limbsplitter perk now properly improves all battle axes
- Fixed a rare issue where Sanguine Rose would not work properly
- In “Tending the Flames” King Olaf’s Verse will no longer disappear from explosions
Thanks to Bethesda, here’s a guide on how to download the 1.5 beta patch:
- Log into Steam
- Click on Steam in the upper menu
- Select Settings
- Under the Account tab, go to the Beta Participation section and select Change.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Skyrim Beta.
- Select OK.
- Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.
If you don’t want to run the beta anymore, you can just repeat the steps 1 through , then selecting “NONE – Opt out of all beta programs” from the drop down. Steam will restart and Skyrim will automatically update itself back to the latest released version.