Solarix Patch 1.3 and Non-DRM Version Out Today
Ashley Allen / 4 years ago
Developer Pulsetense Games has announced the release of a new patch and DRM-free version of sci-fi horror sneak ‘em up Solarix. Both patch 1.3 and the non-DRM version of the game are available from the company’s website, www.pulsetense.com.
Pulsetense has addressed a number of issues brought to its attention by the game’s online community, including player movement and enemy AI.
According to the press release, the full list of revisions in the patch are:
- Added more check points to the overall of each chapter since even on easy difficulty, the game is now more challenging.
- Pistol cross-hair is now in red colour, as requested by some players to improve aiming in brighter areas.
- Added auto-weapon switch functionality, when you pick up weapons and items for the first time, to focus better on the related tutorial.
- Increased flash-light radius and brightness to see in the dark areas better.
- Miner-Zombies have much better sight radius and vision abilities now to detect the player, even on easiest difficulty. This would add extra tension and challenge in the related chapter.
- Alert periods are increased for some of the soldiers, in a randomized manner. Some of the guards are more paranoid now, they will insist in searching for the player “more” when they become suspicious. We haven’t applied this to whole of the guards to balance “randomization” of A.I and some “unexpected” behaviour will now add more tension. Be even more careful now, about not to alert them, since some soldiers might not give up until they search every near nook and cranny once they are suspicious.
- Soldiers now have limited clip-ammo size for the machine guns. This means that when you are caught, they will still try to hunt you down mercilessly but when they run out of ammo for each clip, they will play reloading animation. Because of this, players will have a bit more “extra time” to manage their escape when they are caught.
- One of the criticism to the A.I was that their patrol routes were easy to detect and memorize. Now, we added some randomization to patrol routes of certain guards. Some of them will randomly switch to alternate paths while patrolling. Now, players have to be more careful if they want to knock them out during their patrol routes because it is more “randomized”.
- Some of the soldiers & cyborgs now work in teams, alert one, he might “notify” his closest buddy. However, we randomized this feature to add more realism to the A.I. Some of them would prefer to investigate “solo” when they sense danger, some of them would want to work in teams all the time.
- Some of the cyborgs have better sight radius and vision abilities now to detect the player, even on easiest difficulty. This would add extra tension and challenge in the related chapters.
- Fixed A.I pathing problems around crew quarters in chapter 7 by adding a soundproof volume.
- Fixed some collision problems & A.I pathing issues in chapter 4 and chapter 5.
- Fixed A.I pathing around crew quarters in chapter 7 by adding a soundproof volume.
- Added more easy-to-understand objective descriptions to chapter 2 and chapter 7.
Solarix is available for purchase from Steam, currently priced £11.24.