Starpoint Gemini 2 ‘Alpha’ Gets Gets Major Steam Early Access Update
Peter Donnell / 4 years ago
Space sim-RPG Starpoint Gemini 2 (PC), presently in the Alpha phase of development on Steam’s Early Access program, has received the final update of the year accompanied by two new gameplay trailers. Developer Little Green Men Games’ first video is a new gameplay trailer depicting the battle-oriented updates and the second trailer showcases the newly implemented community-driven features including the hugely popular ‘Starship Garage.’
Highlighted additions and changes from today’s update include:
- New Commands: Fire-at-will command in its basic form uses a smart algorithm to switch between targets. This feature is a work in progress and feedback is most welcome
- Licenses: Licenses are now available for purchase on stations (planets will receive them in the next update). Licenses can only be acquired when you’re allied to a faction
- New Station: Check out the new station model
- Bolstered Defenses: Structures can now be guarded. Damaging them can trigger security forces to arrive in its defense
- Bonuses: Several new bonus modifiers are now functional (Heavy weapon reload, Weapon battery recharge…)
The full change list v0.6005 can be found in the Steam Community Hub.
“We’re already seeing strong sales for Starpoint Gemini 2 during the Steam Early Access program, and there is definitely a very positive and involved atmosphere on the community hub,” said Iceberg Interactive CEO Erik Schreuder. “The guys at Little Green Man Games have to be commended for managing to constantly staying tuned to the community vibe while simultaneously improving Starpoint Gemini 2, using the tremendous community feedback as well as executing their own development roadmap. Thanks to the Steam Early Access Program, the game is really expanding well beyond what was originally planned and is looking more and more like a polished, immersive and high quality space sim, as the weeks go by. And there is much more to come!”
Thank you Starpoint Gemini for providing us with this information.
Image courtesy of Starpoint Gemini.