Steam Hammer Hits Kickstarter – Promises Sandbox Steampunk RPG Action
Peter Donnell / 3 years ago
Steam Hammer has just hit Kickstarter, and don’t worry if you haven’t heard about it before, as not a lot of people have, it’s pretty new. The game looks set to deliver a rich steampunk RPG experience unlike anything that has gone before it. Sure, we’ve had games hit on the theme before, but we’ve yet to see many games really take full advantage of the genre. Steam Hammer offers up a sandbox world with a rich Victorian setting and so far, it looks like the developers are making great progress.
“Steam Hammer is the first hardcore sandbox-style RPG set in a dark and mysterious steampunk world. Experience the intensity as you try to survive on the mysterious Acribo Islands.”
The game is aiming to raise a fairly modest $50,000, has already blasted past $25,000 raised with 19 days to go, and has also the “Project We Love” badge from Kickstarter for good measure. With a team of 26 developers working to create a unique open-world experience, the game will feature an open-class system, crazy steampunk creations, and more. The graphics aren’t quite up to speed just yet, but as you can see, the game already has an appealing atmosphere.
- Classic Steampunk vs. Biopunk: Play as either a technocrat of the Victorian Empire with mighty steam-powered artifacts or as an Acribian rebel that has fused machinery with living flesh. Each has its own crafting tree, weapons, equipment, and architecture.
- Conduct Daring Air Assaults: Use your steam jetpack to hijack enemy airships and assault impregnable forts protected by blazing turrets. Engage in PvP with up to 64 players using a non-target combat system that makes the players’ skills matter.
- Extensive Crafting System: Go from cobbling together a makeshift machete to building your own airship fleet. Construct multilayered modular structures and build unique equipment including steam motorcycles, military airships, and even flying leviathans. Team up with your friends to build whole cities.
- Steam Hammer and Leviathan: Create and customize steam-mechanical and biomechanics weapons, equipment, and vehicles to suit your style of play.
- Terraform the Terrain: Your world – your rules. Modify the terrain to suit your needs. You will need to dig mines, tunnels, and ditches to harvest the priceless celebrium sap, develop your technology, and conquer your foes.