SteelSeries Prime Mini Wireless eSports Mouse Review
Peter Donnell / 8 months ago
There are so many great gaming mice already on the market, that it can be a little bit hard to find the right one for you. If you want something truly extreme and high-end though, the price is often a good indicator. The new Prime Mini Wireless from SteelSeries is a bit of a wallet buster, coming in at around $130 it’s got some strong competition from the likes of Razer, Logitech, Corsair and more. However, this mouse is making some big promises, actually, some mini ones too. It’s the same high-end hardware as the non-mini version, which will appeal to those who want an even lighter and more nimble mouse.
The Prime Mini Wireless was meticulously engineered to be 9% lighter and in a smaller profile while maintaining the signature Prime form-fitting ergo shape and cutting edge technology that make Prime mice esports-ready.
SteelSeries Prime Mini
This mouse has some very impressive hardware too, but given it makes the claim of being ready for eSports and being wireless, it has to roll out the best hardware to make both of those things viable. It features their flagship TrueMove Air optical gaming sensor, as well as their Quantum 2.0 wireless hardware, which uses a dual-channel design to ensure stability. What is more impressive is that it’ll deliver 100 hours of gameplay on a single charge, and yet despite the wireless tech and batteries, it only weighs 73g! However, my favourite feature has to be what SteelSeries casually call “crispy clicks” thanks to their Prestige OM optical Magnetic Switches.
- Smaller. Lighter. All Performance. 73g ultra lightweight and mini form factor was designed with top esports pros for sustained comfort and battle-tested durability
- Prestige Optical Magnetic Switches are a first in esports and harness the power of light for response times and utilize magnetic components to last 5x longer than the competition
- Pro grade 1-to-1 tracking with the TrueMove Air optical gaming sensor
- Quantum 2.0 Wireless offers lag-free gaming with dual channel optimization
- Over 100 hours of high-performance 1000Hz gameplay plus fast-charge
What SteelSeries Had to Say
“A world’s first in esports, the Prestige OM™ optical magnetic switch technology is built specifically to withstand intense pro-level play. Industry-leading and rated for 100 million clicks, our custom neodymium magnets deliver our most consistent mouse clicks ever while an infrared light beam delivers lightning-fast response times in-game.” – SteelSeries