Is STRAFE The Most Hardcore FPS Ever Conceived? Yup!
Peter Donnell / 5 years ago
It’s worth pointing out that the video below is NSFW. In fact, pretty much everything about Strafe is going to be fairly unsafe for work. In fact, this game may not be safe for humans and all mere mortals, as it’s the most intense FPS game ever created.
The game is currently on Kickstarter and with just six days to go, it’s about $60,000 short of its goal! Where it is being marketed as the fastest, bloodiest, deadliest, most adjective-abusing, action-packed first-person shooter of 1996.
- “A hilarious, hardcore, procedural shooter from 1996 design-inspired by Quake, Doom and Wolf3D? YES! Back this baby! ” – John Romero – DOOM, QUAKE
- “Strafe is the goriest, most realistic shooter of 1996” – Destructoid
- “This is the best game trailer ever, everyone else can go home” – Polygon
- “I want to swim in gibs. Can I swim in gibs? Like a meat-ball pit?” – Pendleton Ward – Adventure Time
- “I will do a ton of booze and drugs and then record a Squirty Play of this while barking 90s gibberish.” – Jim Sterling
- “DYING” – Cliff Bleszinski – UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004, GEARS OF WAR
- “After reviewing this KS campaign, I called my mom and yelled at her that she needs to fund Strafe OR GO TO HELL!” – Matt Super Best Friends Play
- “Humour aside, it is actually pretty impressive…” – Kotaku
The games even got its own banned trailer, although it may not be suitable for those who are a bit squeamish; You’ll see why. Even more so, it’s been created to capture that 90’s gaming vibe!
The games obviously quite gimmicky, but it’s taken all the things that we loved about old school shooters and dialed them up to 11, so it should at least be a huge pile of fun to play.
Check out the official Kickstarter page here. Let us know what you think about the game in the comments section below.