Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition is Now Available
Cernescu Andrei / 3 months ago
Capcom announces Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition.
Itching for a bit of Street Fighter V action? Good news, then! The game has just received a special Arcade Edition, which is currently available in North America. Europe-based fans will have to wait until January 19th in order to get their hands on it, though. So what is Arcade Edition all about? Well, it represents the latest version of Street Fighter V, which means that it includes all DLC updates. These include Cinematic Story Mode and Versus CPU Mode. There are also quite a few balance updates and playing modes. Basically, Arcade Edition is the best Street Fighter V version available right now.
Some of you will get it for free.
Those of you who already own the original Street Fighter V will receive this edition free of charge. Moreover, new owners of SFV: Arcade Edition will enter the same player pool. This should go well with the PS4 and PC cross-platform play system that serves to unify the player base. As for the Season 3 DLC character line-up, it starts off with Sakura right now. The lineup will expand with Sagat, Cody, Blanka, Falke, and G.
New content available alongside SFV: Arcade Edition.
- Arcade Mode – Journey through six different story paths, each representing a main Street Fighter title: Street Fighter, Street Fighter II, Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter III, Street Fighter IV, and Street Fighter V. Each path includes characters faithful to the respective title or appropriately representative of the character. There is online leaderboard support and by reaching the end of each path, players will be treated to one of over 200 all-new custom illustrations.
- Second V-Triggers for all characters – Characters in the game and upcoming roster additions will each receive a second V-Trigger option that opens up different ways to fight, paving the way for new strategies, combos, and options for veteran and new players.
- Team Battle Mode – A new mode for two local teams of up to five characters battling it out for victory. There are two options: Elimination and Best of Series with various preference settings such as recovering Vitality between matches or allowing the winning player to keep their EX Gauge, and more.
- Extra Battle Mode – A new mode that allows players to complete special limited-time challenges to obtain various rewards, including Fight Money, Experience Points, and unique costumes.
- Special Challenges – Not to be confused with the current weekly missions which are still present and yield Fight Money, Special Challenges are scattered throughout the year and will offer unique titles for players upon completion.
- And more – The game will also include an all-new Gallery to view the unlockable Arcade Mode illustrations, Sound option (to listen to stage background music, character themes, and more tunes), redesigned UI, and 3D Costume Previews.