Team Group Launches L5 LITE 3D Series SSD
Bohs Hansen / 4 months ago
Team Group announced the launch of their new L5 LITE 3D solid state drive. The new drive isn’t breaking any records, instead, it is targeted at the consumers who wish to replace their ageing HDD with something faster and more silent.
Team Group L5 LITE 3D Series SSD
The new L5 LITE 3D SSD is a traditional 2.5-inch 7mm drive with a SATA3 interface. That makes it highly compatible and it will fit most systems. Team Group opted to build the drive with 3D NAND which is more energy efficient than planar NAND. While not specified, we can assume that it is TLC NAND and that’s based on the performance rating.
With a performance rating of 470MB/s when reading and 420MB/s when writing, the new L5 LITE 3D series definitely isn’t breaking any performance barriers. On the other hand, the 4K random performance isn’t bad at all with 70K/70K IOPS.
The capacity options surprised me a little bit when we consider the target audience. HDD replacement is the target, but the largest capacity option is 480GB. I would have expected to see 1TB models too, but such version might be released at a later time. For now, there will be 120GB, 240GB, and 480GB models of the new L5 LITE 3D series SSDs.
The feature list sticks to the same scheme as the rest of the drive, basic. We get TRIM and S.M.A.R.T., but also advanced Wear-Leveling and Error Correction Code for improved durability. Speaking of which, the L5 LITE 3D has a 1 million hour MTBF and a 3-year warranty.
Pricing and Availability
Team Group didn’t announce a time of availability yet, but with the components being mainstream, it should be available shortly. The company didn’t announce a pricing either, but we can assume the drives to be priced like similar offerings.
- 3D NAND – excellent choice for upgrade
- Read/write speed is 4 times faster than traditional hard drive – breathe new life into old system
- Smooth read/write speed – up to 470 MB/s of read speed is able to enhance the speed and performance of the overall system
- Ultra lightweight and slim – 2.5-inch hard drive with just 7.0 mm thickness, it can be installed on laptop or any other system
- Support S.M.A.R.T. technology – monitoring hard drive status efficiently
- Support TRIM – bring out its best performance on the compatible operating system
- Three years product warranty with free technical support service