Tesoro Ascalon Spectrum Optical Gaming Mouse Review
Peter Donnell / 2 years ago
Tesoro is one of the coolest gaming brands around, and while you may not think of them first when shopping for a new peripheral, they’ve proven to us here at eTeknix time and time again that they can create competitive, unique and affordable products that would make great additions to any desktop gaming setup. With that in mind, I’m very happy to see their new Ascalon Spectrum Gaming Mouse in the eTeknix office today. It may not be the most high-end mouse ever, but if previous Tesoro reviews are anything to go by, it will no doubt have a few cool tricks up its sleeves.
Equipped with a high-quality 6400 DPI optical sensor, 7 fully programmable buttons, macro recording, and a fast 32bit ARM Cortex CPU, the Ascalon is tuned for competitive gaming, ticking off all the major features you could ask for in a good gaming mouse.
- 6400 True DPI
- 1000 Hz Ultra Polling Rate
- Detection 200 ips, acceleration 50g
- 7 Independently programmable buttons
- Adjustable DPI Control, Polling Rate, Liftoff distance and Shooting Speed
- Cursor Capture Technology
- User-Friendly UI
- Instant Recording
- 512KB onboard memory
- 32bit ARM Cortex Premium Processor
- Adjustable RGB LED control
- Human ergonomics for the most comfortable grip and antimicrobial soft-touch finish
- Compatible with Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
The packaging is pretty cool, with a clear shot of the mouse design on the front, as well as a cool image of what looks like a sword in the background; makes sense, since all Tesoro peripherals are named after mythical weapons.
Around the back, you’ll find a nice breakdown of all the major features, such as the RGB lighting as the button layout.
In the box, you’ll find all the usual documentation, which looks as nicely designed as the rest of the packaging, giving a nice premium vibe overall.