Thermaltake ARGENT K5 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
Peter Donnell / 6 months ago
There’s no shortage of truly awesome mechanical gaming keyboards these days, and every big name brand has at least one they can be proud of. Thermaltake is no exception to this, and have certainly had a fair few successes themselves over the years. Now they’re back again with their latest feature-packed keyboard, the ARGENT K5 RGB, a £200+ behemoth of premium hardware that’s should make a stunning addition to your desktop. Of course, it’s part of their wider ARGENT peripheral line up, such as the gorgeous ARGENT M5 Wireless RGB Mouse I reviewed earlier this month.
Thermaltake ARGENT K5 RGB
Equipped with genuine Cherry MX Speed (Silver) switches, a truly unique design, an aluminium main body, USB and audio pass through, a rich multimedia control panel, RGB lighting and more, it’s certainly got a bit of everything!
- Speed silver switches are known to be fast and responsive with 1.2mm actuation point. Furthermore, rated at 50-million keystrokes for maximum durability.
- With a splendid asymmetrical curvature design, coupled with a aluminum top plate, the ARGENT K5 RGB allows enthusiasts to not only challenge the game, but game in style as well.
- An aluminum rotatable volume control knob allows you to adjust the volume settings on the fly. You can increase/decrease the audio output volume or press the knob to mute/unmute the audio output.
- Light up your battles with thirteen front-side and fourteen 360-degree underglow lighting effects in 16.8 million true RGB colors.
- Customize macros and game profiles; adjust brightness, speed and direction of the RGB lighting effects; and SyncALL RGB colors of all your Thermaltake Gaming Peripherals via the TT SYNC function, creating one complete ecosystem.
For in-depth specifications, please visit the official ARGENT K5 RGB product page here. Just come back to the review when you’re done, OK?
Back yet? Cool, let’s get on with it!
What Thermaltake Had to Say
“The ARGENT K5 RGB Gaming Keyboard is crafted with an aluminium top plate and a streamlined titanium design, combined with 360-degrees of RGB underglow that can be switched among fourteen lighting effects, creating a halo glow surrounding the keyboard.” – Thermaltake